California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake-oil.png

They had their PHP skills before they joined Jelsoft, why would they need to copy/paste when they can do it themselves. Plus, 'stealing' from others just means they're limited to doing things how the others do it. This way they've got complete control and freedom.
That's Kier/Mike/Ashley's arguement in the case.

They've proven again and again, that their proficiency in that area is evident. Once someone requests something, and they like what is suggested, they implement it in the next second. This puts vBulletin in the wrong position to claim that they "stole" vB's code.

This is Lawrence Cole, vBulletin's new Operations Manager (I'm actually not kidding for those that don't know)...

http://www.xtrememarketingdoneforyou.com/
Why would it not surprise me that VB took up the biggest scam on the web... hyper-marketing! They just don't learn.

For those in the clouds about current litigation, my understanding is simple:

VB so far have produced zero evidence. VB are stalling the legal system to draw out the process, instead of just getting into the court and fighting it out with evidence. Hence, they actually haven't produced any credible evidence throughout this entire thread from all the files submitted and made public.

VB claim they own PHP, MySQL, Javascript, Ajax, SEO and other such languages. They even claim to own HTML in documents, hence the attempted claims for copyright. Maybe these companies should be notified of VB's legal claims of copyright on such codes!

Experts have reviewed the products and found no similarities in code.

VB are literally screwed for evidence, however; they aren't for money. So they're using money to drag out court proceedings.

Will VB get XF? No... not even close. VB may win a point or two within the case about personal aspects between them and ex staff employment contracts, MAYBE... yet these will not effect the laws that are very clear in both the US and UK that you cannot stop a person earning a living by using their skills to do so. XF are doing just that, what they're legally entitled to do.

If you want to help XF, buy extended upgrades, buy new licenses and leave them sit... but just buy as much as you can afford to help them beat VB. That is our job as users and loyal customers to the XF brand. Buy, buy, buy... license extensions are around $40... compared to a new license if you cannot afford that.

Yes, I now have 4 x additional licenses myself to support this cause, additional to my active licenses installed. So I do put my money where my mouth is. I will continue to buy more, and I hope others do as well. That is how we can support XF and stick it to VB.

Seeing Shaun from DigitalPoint changing over to XF by announcing his own rewriting of his million lines of code, screams to me that within a year, a good majority of big boards running VB 3.x and 4.x will be converted to XF. Get onboard I say and give what you can. Every time I buy a new license to sit around, I feel better for helping stick it to VB... if you can afford it, that is my two cents.

Seeing Shaun from DigitalPoint changing over to XF by announcing his own rewriting of his million lines of code, screams to me that within a year, a good majority of big boards running VB 3.x and 4.x will be converted to XF.
When and where did this happen, Anthony? :o

xtrememarketingdoneforyou must be good if Google accepted an application to use one of Googles official logos (without even linking to Google), I heard that it was not an easy task.

google" said:
Although we'd like to accommodate all the requests we receive from users who want to add a touch of Google to their sites, we are passionate about protecting the reputation of our brand as an objective and fair provider of search results. We allow use of the Google logo by express permission only. Please review our
Permissions Requests page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom