Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
Just noting that while events show in 2.3 beta 2, the calendar home page does not. Also Google location auto complete doesn’t work.
With the busy workload you’re under, this would potentially prevent an upgrade for some considerable time as the calendar is fundamental to my site.

Just noting that while events show in 2.3 beta 2, the calendar home page does not. Also Google location auto complete doesn’t work.
With the busy workload you’re under, this would potentially prevent an upgrade for some considerable time as the calendar is fundamental to my site.
Thanks, I’m aware. I’m going to have a compatibility update out in the next day or so after beta 3 is released to fix that.

A quick note that in addition to my VB4 calendar importer, I've added support for VB5 and VB6 calendar imports to this add-on.

Reactions: Naz
Two more issues to raise:

1) Coloring different kinds of events differently/Prefixes for the Calendar. I've got two classes of events that I want to put on the same Calendar for our music-oriented community: recurring (say, monthly user groups, and our weekly podcast) and one-offs (concerts, workshops), and I'd like to have those be different colors. So at the very least, I'd need it to be two colors for those two classes of events, but I'd LIKE it to be more.

Right now, we're managing these in the "manually" created forum with prefixes, and there are five options -- concerts, festivals, workshops, user groups, and the podcasts, all differently colored. Since one feature in this Calendar as it exists now is the ability to use the Events to create forum posts, I'd to have some kind of connection between the colored prefixes and the color of the listing on the Calendar.

I don't know the best way for that integration to occur, but as much as I'd love to turn off the manual aspect of our Events forum and let the Calendar to do all the work, it would be a major step backward to remove functionality that people have already been enjoying.

(And yes, I could do separate calendars for these five kinds of events, but that's really not at all reflective of what I'm trying to do. Having too many is worse than none at all, because I've done all the work and people still can't find the events. I can't expect them to necessarily know the difference between a concert and a workshop, whereas if the events are all on one calendar, they can just pay attention to the date and the distance and let the rest sort itself out.)

Whether or not this feature set integrating forum prefixes with Calendar colors is added at some future date, how could I do the multiple colors thing on the Calendar myself right now? I've seen some of the calendars that folks on this thread have added to their own sites with multiple colors, so I know that there's SOME solution that I'm missing. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2) Word wrap (at least optionally). I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd love to see shorter timestamps. In Google Calendar and others, it's 1PM, three spaces, whereas here it's 1:00 PM, seven spaces, and as much as I'd love to be able to edit that stylistic choice (looking at the templates, it appears to be governed by an external style sheet that I have no access to -- is that right?), it wouldn't seem as urgent if I had the option to wrap the event names so that they were fully visible. I'm not sure if this too is controlled by an external style sheet, but I don't have quite enough template experience to know if this is actually the case, or if I'm just not looking in the right place.

Once again, I don't mind doing the work myself if the parameters are accessible in the templates, but I'm just not seeing where in the code I can do it.

And of course I'd be delighted to see these requests implemented as configurable choices in a future version. :-) But I understand that editing templates may be able to get me there sooner if my priorities don't match the dev's.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom