Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I have now uninstalled this addon from my site, please issue me a refund and I will purchase this addon again when you have fixed the bugs and its suitable to be run on a live production site.

I'll look in to it though not sure why your events would be disappearing.
Other users on your support forum have reported a similar issue

nik said "Also something weird just happened, it disappeared off my list (Administrator group only) in spite of all filters being there. Still in the calendar and can see it as a guest or other registered user."

I just created an account on nixfifty.com. When I visit https://nixfifty.com/events/recurring-event-first-sunday-each-week.25/responses?type=going, then I see "You are going to this event" (I went straight to that site without clicking anything like "I am going"):

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-07 um 00.35.58.png

Also the menu should not show up when there are no menu items:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-07 um 00.46.01.png

When I bookmark an event, the title is missing (just a phrase name is shown):

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-07 um 00.58.12.png

Another important thing: You should add a widget for "upcoming events".

Edit: Purchased and found another bug.

When an event is on the current day there seems to be some problem with RSVP. Overlay does not close after submission and "going" does not show up.

Event today after clicking "Going" and submitting the overlay:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-07 um 02.14.59.png

Same for an event in the future:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-07 um 02.17.08.png

Last edited:
NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.4

• Fix incorrect relation when pulling RSVP responses.
  • Fix menu drop down button showing with no options.
  • Add missing event bookmark phrase & template.
  • Fix RSVP permission check & all day event start/end dates.
  • Add widget to display upcoming events.
  • Clean up unused phrases.
  • Add support for Xon's User Activity add-on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Like the new widget. But could there possibly be 1 more with a calendar type view that just shows a clickable number of events on that day in the day block?

This would look great in a sidebar widget.
I think I know what you mean but do you have a picture or something to illustrate it?

Pretty much like this as a widget, but, I don't think it would quite work...
1581468652436.png

It might if the blue bar is removed and the individual numbers for the day is clickable (and maybe stylized to be bold or the background of the box a color), representing an event on that day. So, you could have a more compact calendar for sidebar widgets like this too (whichever could fit) as it's only around 200px on a desktop and 300 on a phone to work with.

SuMoTuWeThFrSa

This type of widget would be greatly appreciated as it pops and differentiates from the latest posts, etc., but, I'll use the list in the meantime!

Reactions: Naz
Thank you for the update!

Widget looks nice (y)

Can you add support for removing a RSVP submission? At the moment once selected an option you can just change the chosen option, but cannot remove your RSVP selection.

Add support for Xon's User Activity add-on.
Does not seem to work - I don't see any class extensions for that addon either.

Add missing event bookmark phrase & template.
Seems to be still missing.

Reactions: Naz
This looks pretty nice. I tried the demo and had a few questions.

#1, I need a wait list feature and I don't see anything like this feature, does this exist?
#2, It looks like there is a bug. When I click the "Long Event" someone created, it always says its on Dec 28th, the date it was created. Not the date I clicked on. So it looks like its signing up for the original date, not the specific date I clicked on.

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.5

• Make sure time input controls are properly hidden on page load when editing an all-day event.
  • Add clearer filtering option to get to past events.
  • Phrase some bits of hardcoded text.
  • Prevent users from creating threads within designated event forums.
  • Ensure JS bundles are all properly minimised.
  • Ensure location auto-completion JS isn't loaded if the feature is disabled.
  • Installer hardening.
  • Remove some lingering unused templates.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you import events into this calendar? I have about 100+ events that need adding to a Calendar plugin and just wondering if one can do it using Excel > this calendar?

Thanks!

I'm looking for a calendar/events add-on that will do much of what you have built with this one. But I would also need more features that will

1. bring more visibility to events near the member browsing the forum and...
2. bring visibility to users who are attending events in the member's region.

To address the first point: Events near the member

One of the ways I was thinking this could work is for the admin to create a custom user field with check boxes (to represent different regions), so the user can select a region (or a few) to explicitly tell the system what region they are in and where they are likely to attend events. Then, that custom user field could be pulled into Calendar event form, allowing users who are creating events to select where the event is taking place by choosing clicking the appropriate region from the custom user field check box. This way, alerts and widgets could then be filtered to show the events in the browsing member's region. They likely don't need or care to see events (or notifications about events) taking place hundreds or thousands of miles away from their region. I suppose you could also achieve this by using a distance filter that the user can select that would be based on geo location, but that adds a different layer of complexity, and this isn't always a reliable way to do it.

To address the second point: Other users attending events near you

I want to bring attention to the fact that other users in the forum are attending events in your area - you should quickly and easily be able to see who is going to an event in your area. When a user clicks "Going" they have effectively RSVP'd to an event. If that event is in your area (as we addressed above), then we should see certain indications about this as we browse the forum. The best opportunity to do this is to show a message in the "message-cell--user" area, just below where the avatars display in a post, or maybe even below the message controls area in the post. Something as simple as a calendar icon or a text link that says "this member is attending an event in your region", and have the link go to a search results page with the events that the other user is attending. This could also be applied to the member card and on the member profile page.

I realize this could require some heavy code work and if both of these could be done as separate add-ons that compliment this Calendar add-on I'd be happy to pay for that separately.

@NixFifty Would it be possible, or on your roadmap to integrate with other event sites such as Facebook Events etc. ? I'd for sure buy if you had such a feature as tonnes of people within my community use Facebook Events for all of their events

@NixFifty Would it be possible, or on your roadmap to integrate with other event sites such as Facebook Events etc. ? I'd for sure buy if you had such a feature as tonnes of people within my community use Facebook Events for all of their events
What did you have in mind for the integration?

Is there any way to mass import with this add-on?

If I have a large number of events to add, it'd be great to be able to just import (or if the forum is managed by others - have content creation members do up say a spreadsheet) which admins can then import straight in.

Situation would be say 5 different types of motorsport, with say 20 races each. So 100+ races in total, which would need to be added.

Top Bottom