Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)
What did you have in mind for the integration?
In my mind - It would be great to have a few features such as

-Events near me (Extracting Public events nearby listed on Facebook + Eventbrite (sites such as that)
-Integration with sites such as Facebook Events and such, getting/pulling data such as

Event title, Event date and time, Maybe any associated posted photos/videos for event and main blurb/information regarding event. Imagine if there was a way to match users that have reacted to the event on the facebook with your own site? If they've connected Facebook as an Account Provider, that could translate to the same reactions/status with the event itself on Xenforo (Going, Maybe, Not Going)

This sort of integration would be a dream. My user case is basically, a large amount of fans interested in a music artist create many different events on Facebook every year. If they could all have a reason to use my site as a one stop place, with the same event data from facebook on my site presented how I want - I could eventually get natural growth with them adding events on my site rather than facebook/other sites first.

Maybe private events could be handled this way, too. If you're attending a private event, or if you're an administrator of a private event on Facebook - If your account is connected via facebook through XF - Then you'll automatically be granted access to this private event to pull the data from FB.

I'm probably making this sound a lot easier than it is, realistically - But no other event addons do this, and that's what I'm kind of hesitant about.

Reactions: Naz
This was posted as a feature list on another thread - I imagine you've seen this, and a lot of them are already added to your addon

1. Responsive calendar view as well as agenda
2. Invite/rsvp mechanisms inc. min. and max event seats.
3. Location pinning (G Maps)
4. Event discovery (via location, what's near me etc)
5. Integration with XF 2 for event threads
6. Event gallery (perhaps integrated with xfmg)
7. Event mass mailings (wouldn't it be great to email event attendees via the board)
8. Proper event roles for event admins (event admin, event coordinator)
9. Event alerts and maintenance (event reminders, confirmations, manual event alerts etc)
10. iCal / WebDAV support (import/export calendars and events)
12. Event categories, custom fields and filters (filter by event type, location, custom field)
13. Payment options (this is not mandatory but would be great to integrate PayPal etc buttons for event organizers and ticket sales)
14. Event subscriptions - subscribe to event categories or calendars so you're notified whenever a new event is created, cancelled or modified.
15. Multi-view event calendars (or multiple calendars) - why have one calendar when you can have many

I'm looking for a calendar/events add-on that will do much of what you have built with this one. But I would also need more features that will

1. bring more visibility to events near the member browsing the forum and...
2. bring visibility to users who are attending events in the member's region.

To address the first point: Events near the member

One of the ways I was thinking this could work is for the admin to create a custom user field with check boxes (to represent different regions), so the user can select a region (or a few) to explicitly tell the system what region they are in and where they are likely to attend events. Then, that custom user field could be pulled into Calendar event form, allowing users who are creating events to select where the event is taking place by choosing clicking the appropriate region from the custom user field check box. This way, alerts and widgets could then be filtered to show the events in the browsing member's region. They likely don't need or care to see events (or notifications about events) taking place hundreds or thousands of miles away from their region. I suppose you could also achieve this by using a distance filter that the user can select that would be based on geo location, but that adds a different layer of complexity, and this isn't always a reliable way to do it.

To address the second point: Other users attending events near you

I want to bring attention to the fact that other users in the forum are attending events in your area - you should quickly and easily be able to see who is going to an event in your area. When a user clicks "Going" they have effectively RSVP'd to an event. If that event is in your area (as we addressed above), then we should see certain indications about this as we browse the forum. The best opportunity to do this is to show a message in the "message-cell--user" area, just below where the avatars display in a post, or maybe even below the message controls area in the post. Something as simple as a calendar icon or a text link that says "this member is attending an event in your region", and have the link go to a search results page with the events that the other user is attending. This could also be applied to the member card and on the member profile page.

I realize this could require some heavy code work and if both of these could be done as separate add-ons that compliment this Calendar add-on I'd be happy to pay for that separately.
Any consideration given to these ideas @NixFifty ? If not, that's fine, I just need to know if I should reach out to other developers to work on them.

Is there any way to mass import with this add-on?

If I have a large number of events to add, it'd be great to be able to just import (or if the forum is managed by others - have content creation members do up say a spreadsheet) which admins can then import straight in.

Situation would be say 5 different types of motorsport, with say 20 races each. So 100+ races in total, which would need to be added.
There's currently no way to mass import events from a spreadsheet and would require custom development.
Any consideration given to these ideas @NixFifty ? If not, that's fine, I just need to know if I should reach out to other developers to work on them.
I've responded to your conversation about this.

Hi,

Is there alert feature/reminder? Alert, PM or Mail. I want to remind the event with defined text.
Is there global events? That's mean I want to add event by admin panel to all users and want to send alert at designated time..
Possible to add logo change feature connected to event? as like doodle :) I want to change forum logo according to event.

great job.. Thanks..

Error: Viewing an event, More Options select "Delete" from the dropdown menu, and select "Permanent Delete" and check "Notify Author"

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Repository\Post::sendModeratorActionAlert() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Post, instance of NF\Calendar\Entity\Event given, called in /disk1/www/vhosts/forum.ih8mud.com/httpdocs/src/addons/NF/Calendar/Service/Event/Deleter.php on line 106 in src/XF/Repository/Post.php at line 45
[LIST=1]
[*]XF\Repository\Post->sendModeratorActionAlert() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Service/Event/Deleter.php at line 106
[*]NF\Calendar\Service\Event\Deleter->delete() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Pub/Controller/Event.php at line 575
[*]NF\Calendar\Pub\Controller\Event->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
[*]XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
[/LIST]

Reactions: Naz
Can this calendar be used to add simple items, without creating an "event"? I'd like to use it to show upcoming product release dates.

Can this calendar be used to add simple items, without creating an "event"? I'd like to use it to show upcoming product release dates.
It's possible, yeah. At the moment, it requires a bit of manual work because the other options are still shown and you have to either ignore them or change them to suit. I plan on making it possible to just opt-in for simple events in certain calendars.

Is there a setting that forces the event header to also display in the associated thread? Essentially I want this to be displayed at the top of the thread, just like it does on the event so that it's easy to quickly toggle between the event overview and the discussion, so there continuity between both, similar to the way it works with Showcase (by Bob) - I can share a link to show what I mean.

1591987526059.png

Last edited:
Also, how does one Un-RSVP from an event? I tried clicking the Going button again on the event, thinking it would make the change, but that didn't work. Let's say something comes up and you want to let people know you actually can't make it and you want to take your name off the list of people going?

Sorry if this has been answered, but will this calendar import data from other calendars?

I'm about to migrate a forum from vB to xF and the calendar is a big part of this site so I was hoping not to lose all the events already listed.

Also, how does one Un-RSVP from an event? I tried clicking the Going button again on the event, thinking it would make the change, but that didn't work. Let's say something comes up and you want to let people know you actually can't make it and you want to take your name off the list of people going?
Is it not possible to un-RSVP for an event? Has anyone been able to do it?

Is there a setting that forces the event header to also display in the associated thread? Essentially I want this to be displayed at the top of the thread, just like it does on the event so that it's easy to quickly toggle between the event overview and the discussion, so there continuity between both, similar to the way it works with Showcase (by Bob) - I can share a link to show what I mean.

View attachment 227683
Actually, it also makes sense to list the RSVP attendee list up in the heading too. This way, if you're viewing the event thread, no matter which page of the thread, you can easily look at the heading and see the event info and a list of members going.

Sorry if this has been answered, but will this calendar import data from other calendars?

I'm about to migrate a forum from vB to xF and the calendar is a big part of this site so I was hoping not to lose all the events already listed.
There isn't in the XF2 version though it's on my list of things to get to.
Is it not possible to un-RSVP for an event? Has anyone been able to do it?
The intention is that a user would decline the event if they can no longer attend. I've added a clear option to just remove the RSVP all together in the next version though.
Actually, it also makes sense to list the RSVP attendee list up in the heading too. This way, if you're viewing the event thread, no matter which page of the thread, you can easily look at the heading and see the event info and a list of members going.
Yeah, I've added a consistent tab bar in the next version too.

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.6

• Add the ability for events to be cancelled. When cancelled, notifications will be sent to all who RSVP'd as attending or maybe attending.
  • Add a clearer link to completely remove an RSVP.
  • Fix display of inline moderation checkbox when viewing a list of events.
  • Ensure tables have a consistent naming scheme.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cool updates. Question. Do you think the 'wish list' I mentioned before could ever be within the scope of where you'll take this product?

Thanks!
Should be noted that some of the things on your list are already in the add-on (i.e. RSVP'ing, location pinning, event discovery, etc). I'm making progress to the others but it's generally in my own time. If there's something in particular you want to see, you're welcome to start a conversation to fund and expedite those specific additions.

Top Bottom