Calendar

Calendar [Paid] 2.4.5

No permission to buy ($60.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Calendar - Event management system for XenForo.

Calendar, as the name suggests, is a full-fledged calendar and events management system.

Features:
  • Allow users to create new events in configurable 'calendars'. Custom permissions allow you greater control over who can see a event.
    • Calendars can be customised so different calendars can have different coloured events, for example.
    • Optional agenda-based layouts.
    • Style properties available to fine-tune Calendar appearance.
    • Support for featured events that...

Read more about this resource...

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.1

• Add rebuilds as command line commands.
  • Add rebuilds to Tools -> Rebuild caches.
  • Add the ability to autocomplete locations.
  • Improve support for approval queue.
  • Minor fixes to date pairing JS.
  • Added a couple templates that were missing.
  • Ensure attachment thumbnails appear correctly.
  • Ensure embed metadata is rebuilt after an XF1 upgrade.
  • Display create event button in forums linked to specific calendars.
  • Update bundled utils.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Purchased, and testing...

Is there a method to tie existing threads to an Event while creating the Event in the Calendar?

Purchased, and testing...

Is there a method to tie existing threads to an Event while creating the Event in the Calendar?
If you create the event and then go to Event tools -> Change discussion thread, that'll let you do it.

What is the definition of "Only include birthdays for recently active users".... clearly, my forum with over 10k active users each month will have a lot, but EVERY day has 25-40 listed even with that limit checked :) (I likely won't keep it active, just testing right now) - (scroll to Feb 2020)

Possible future option: a "birthdays" selection on the Calendar view so they can be turned on/off when viewing...and registered user only as well.

Tools > Rebuild Caches > Calendar: Rebuild Event Calendars

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'calendar_id' in 'where clause' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
[LIST=1]
[*]XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 150
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchOne() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Entity/Calendar.php at line 276
[*]NF\Calendar\Entity\Calendar->rebuildCounters() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Job/Calendar.php at line 29
[*]NF\Calendar\Job\Calendar->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 47
[*]XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
[*]XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

I added an event (to the wrong calendar) and then hard deleted it. That Calendar still shows a (1) despite having no events assigned. Suspect the hard delete process is incomplete and is what causes the error above.

Last edited:
Can I change Calendar event ownership/organizer? n/m, found it.

Can I change which Calendar an event is assigned to? n/m, found that too ;)

Can the Background/Border/Text colors have the option to be inherited from their parent calendar?

Last edited:
What is the definition of "Only include birthdays for recently active users".... clearly, my forum with over 10k active users each month will have a lot, but EVERY day has 25-40 listed even with that limit checked :) (I likely won't keep it active, just testing right now) - (scroll to Feb 2020)

Possible future option: a "birthdays" selection on the Calendar view so they can be turned on/off when viewing...and registered user only as well.

Yep, it currently considers users active in the last 180 days to be active (XF's default). It's mostly useful for smaller communities but I suspect making the cutoff configurable would help.
Tools > Rebuild Caches > Calendar: Rebuild Event Calendars

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'calendar_id' in 'where clause' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
[LIST=1]
[*]XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
[*]XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 150
[*]XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchOne() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Entity/Calendar.php at line 276
[*]NF\Calendar\Entity\Calendar->rebuildCounters() in src/addons/NF/Calendar/Job/Calendar.php at line 29
[*]NF\Calendar\Job\Calendar->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 47
[*]XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
[*]XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

I added an event (to the wrong calendar) and then hard deleted it. That Calendar still shows a (1) despite having no events assigned. Suspect the hard delete process is incomplete and is what causes the error above.
Cheers, fixed this.
Can the Background/Border/Text colors have the option to be inherited from their parent calendar?
Not at the moment but can look in to it.

When setting start and end dates, the process to set the start date makes sense (scroll thru the calendar), but the calendar for the end date has no dependency on the start date, and requires scrolling thru as well. ie: if my event starts June 1, I scroll thru Dec, Jan, Feb, etc to get to June....but setting the end date requires that same process, instead of automatically knowing the end date is after June 1.

When in Calendar > List View and using the Filters dropdown, the two location fields for "events in" or "events within" do not autopopulate via the google api....should they? Or what is used in those positions to search? (IMO, events in is redundant when you can filter events within to a range)

Sorry, but as I dive more into this, I have more suggestions :)

Max Attachments, Max Filesize, Max Dimensions - those should all be global settings, not by usergroup. The Upload Attachments to Events is correct, and should be by usergroup, but not the Max settings. (takes too long to adjust)

Notification suggestion:

Include it with the built-in Xenforo notification setup, allowing users to choose if they do/don't wish to be notified of new events. I can already see the global option being annoying.

I would be SUPER cool to set those notifications with a radius, ie: only notify of new events within 200 miles, 500 miles, etc. Default to "yes" and "200 miles" and let users adjust to their needs.

Bug report:

Select Calendar, then Switch to List. Scroll down, and select Next....and the Calendar view reverts from the List view back to the normal calendar view. It should respect the selected List option when paging.

NixFifty updated Calendar with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.2

• Restore JS functionality to when picking event start and end dates.
  • Redirect back to calendar when deleting event.
  • Fix counter rebuild query looking for incorrect column name.
  • Maintain layout when paginating.
  • Show event header and tabs on associated discussion threads.
  • Show RSVP filters in filter bar when active.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This addon is way too buggy to be installed on a live production site :(

My events have started to vanish again on there own

I added 2 new events for July, they showed on the index page, and now they don't
but they still display when you click the July cat
very strange 👾

View attachment video.mp4

More events have vanished in the last 10mins.

I have not touched anything, I was not even using my computer

just came back refreshed, it was showing 6 events before but now only 5

:mad:

download (2).webp

Top Bottom