XF 2.0 Cache definitions in config.php not working

zagman76

Active member
#1
After upgrading from xF1.5.x -> 2.0.5, the updated Cache settings (per the manual) don't seem to be working for me. If I set any cache that I have available to me with $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core';, the site breaks. If I set it back to the previous version's method: $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';, and then the accompanying: $config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';, the site works again, albeit very slowly. I've even tried adding $config['cache']['namespace'] = 'xf_'; when using the ['provider'] method, but no luck.

I was hoping for any insight on this.

Thanks!
 

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
#5
'Core' still shows on my phpinfo page.
The old "Core" in XF1 is based off Zend Cache framework, the core cache is still a file cache.

The new XF2 caches have different naming conventions. The reason your site stops working when you use $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core'; is because there isn't a "Core" in XenForo2, its named something else, so youre attempting to define something that XF2 doesnt know what to do with.
 

zagman76

Active member
#6
The old "Core" in XF1 is based off Zend Cache framework, the core cache is still a file cache.

The new XF2 caches have different naming conventions. The reason your site stops working when you use $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core'; is because there isn't a "Core" in XenForo2, its named something else, so youre attempting to define something that XF2 doesnt know what to do with.
Gotcha... :)

I just tried with the 'FileSystem' type (which is in the manual), but when I set it to 'provider' the board dies. The same happens if I try 'Redis' or 'ApcCache'.
 
Top