XF 2.0 Cache definitions in config.php not working

zagman76

After upgrading from xF1.5.x -> 2.0.5, the updated Cache settings (per the manual) don't seem to be working for me. If I set any cache that I have available to me with $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core';, the site breaks. If I set it back to the previous version's method: $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';, and then the accompanying: $config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';, the site works again, albeit very slowly. I've even tried adding $config['cache']['namespace'] = 'xf_'; when using the ['provider'] method, but no luck.

I was hoping for any insight on this.

Thanks!

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
'Core' still shows on my phpinfo page.
The old "Core" in XF1 is based off Zend Cache framework, the core cache is still a file cache.

The new XF2 caches have different naming conventions. The reason your site stops working when you use $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core'; is because there isn't a "Core" in XenForo2, its named something else, so youre attempting to define something that XF2 doesnt know what to do with.

zagman76

The old "Core" in XF1 is based off Zend Cache framework, the core cache is still a file cache.

The new XF2 caches have different naming conventions. The reason your site stops working when you use $config['cache']['provider'] = 'Core'; is because there isn't a "Core" in XenForo2, its named something else, so youre attempting to define something that XF2 doesnt know what to do with.
Gotcha... :)

I just tried with the 'FileSystem' type (which is in the manual), but when I set it to 'provider' the board dies. The same happens if I try 'Redis' or 'ApcCache'.