Buying XenForo without Ticket Support.

Trace

Hey!
Could I buy XenForo without a Ticket Support making the cost of XF a little decreased? Is it possible? And will I be available to use community support then?

The ticket support is included in the license fee for the first 12 months.
There are no other options available.

You should note that after 12 months, you will need to purchase support if you wish to download new versions.

$120 for XenForo makes it more affordable than IPB or vBulletin. And it includes 1 full year of free support with it at no extra cost. It also includes 1 full year of free updates at no extra cost.

After which its only $40 for a whole year, which includes support and updates. But that fee is optional as you're not required to renew.

I believe XenForo is already very affordable. :)

$120 for XenForo makes it more affordable than IPB or vBulletin. And it includes 1 full year of free support with it at no extra cost. It also includes 1 full year of free updates at no extra cost.

Ahem... $140 last I heard... and the last license I purchased just about a week ago! I want a REFUND of my $20!!! ;)

Dont get how people can complain about XF's licensing at all.

Invision Board - $175 (optional renewals $25 every 6 months, so $50 a year)
vBulletin - $249 (cant find any info on renewals, if there are any)
XenForo - $140 (optional renewals $40 every 12 months)

If you cant seriously afford to invest $140 in your community, then phpBB, SMF or MyBB are places you should be looking at.

Hey!
Could I buy XenForo without a Ticket Support making the cost of XF a little decreased? Is it possible? And will I be available to use community support then?

Trace don't be put off by slightly fierce replies. We're on the other side of the fence looking out so we already know just how magnificent this particular garden is. To us the price of XF is actually ridiculously low for waht we get.
It's worth stressing that once you buy you can go on using your install as long as you like - and you can get support for most things here on the XF board community. You only need to buy renewal of the new delicious features get you buzzing!

That said RickM gave you some free alternatives. They won't be as easy to use as Xf but if your budget is a killer effort has to bridge the gap. Been there.
A bit of car valeting or house cleaning locally would kick the savings into gear ;)

The ticket support is included in the license fee for the first 12 months.
There are no other options available.

You should note that after 12 months, you will need to purchase support if you wish to download new versions.
Yep, I know, but I want resign from Ticket Support to reduce the cost of XF. If it's impossible thats nothing. I can handle.

As someone who baulked at paying for forum software, I can see where you're coming from, Trace. I stuck with phpBB and was happy with it. However, I wanted to provide my community with more than it could offer and I also thought it looked dated, along with other free forum alternatives. I'd seen Xenforo on the Cyclechat community and really liked it so I took the plunge and bought it, hoping that I was doing the right thing. It turned out that I was right to buy it. My community love the software, I've found it very easy to manage and maintain, add-ons are a breeze to install and upgrading is very straightforward and takes me less than 30 minutes.

I'm so glad I made the purchase for Xenforo which I believe is very good value compared to other paid for forum software and I will have no hesitation in renewing at a mere $40 next year. :)

Yeah, I can also use phpBB or another free software, but I want XenForo for the sake of my users :). I really like the interface, some social features (which help in communication), etc.

Yeah, I can also use phpBB or another free software, but I want XenForo for the sake of my users :). I really like the interface, some social features (which help in communication), etc.

That's exactly what I wanted and why I bought it.

You'll find this community great to be part of. There are many helpful people here willing to help and some very creative add-on developers. So if you can, don't worry about trying to save a few dollars and come on in and join us. :)

Dont get how people can complain about XF's licensing at all.

Invision Board - $175 (optional renewals $25 every 6 months, so $50 a year)
vBulletin - $249 (cant find any info on renewals, if there are any)
XenForo - $140 (optional renewals $40 every 12 months)

If you cant seriously afford to invest $140 in your community, then phpBB, SMF or MyBB are places you should be looking at.

for ipb, doesn't it go up considerably when you add in their download center, gallery, etc.? Pretty sure the community addons for comparable products are much cheaper here.

Top Bottom