1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying when its discount or not

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by maidos, Sep 26, 2010.

1. maidos

maidos Active Member

if i buy the discount 100 usd when its out that is when license will start counting one year right? but if the beta is prolonged to lets say 3-4 months it means you only have license for update 8-9 months isnt it cheaper if you actually get a llicense when sttable version is out despite that it cost 140 usd by then. You still have to pay 40 usd after 8-9 months minus the beta period?
    i dont really think many would use beta in live production enviroment

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

The one year starts upon the gold release.

3. maidos

maidos Active Member

do you have any confirmation for that?

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

5. island

island Active Member

Will it be like vBulletin used to be where you can let your update/support subscription lapse for unused licenses and then renew at any time without penalty? (e.g. pick up an extra unused license at the discount rate, not use it for 3 years if time doesn't go as planned, then pay $40 (or whatever the going rate) to subscribe to updates/member area at that time? Or will there be a $ penalty if you let your member area / support subscription lapse?

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I am trying to find the exact thread but I think I remember seeing that there will be a penalty however amounts are given.

7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

8. island

island Active Member

Makes sense. Probably makes the most sense then to buy the discounted early licenses to use within the year but not to invest in "for the future" then :)