buying when its discount or not

maidos

if i buy the discount 100 usd when its out that is when license will start counting one year right? but if the beta is prolonged to lets say 3-4 months it means you only have license for update 8-9 months isnt it cheaper if you actually get a llicense when sttable version is out despite that it cost 140 usd by then. You still have to pay 40 usd after 8-9 months minus the beta period?
i dont really think many would use beta in live production enviroment

Will it be like vBulletin used to be where you can let your update/support subscription lapse for unused licenses and then renew at any time without penalty? (e.g. pick up an extra unused license at the discount rate, not use it for 3 years if time doesn't go as planned, then pay $40 (or whatever the going rate) to subscribe to updates/member area at that time? Or will there be a $ penalty if you let your member area / support subscription lapse?

Will it be like vBulletin used to be where you can let your update/support subscription lapse for unused licenses and then renew at any time without penalty? (e.g. pick up an extra unused license at the discount rate, not use it for 3 years if time doesn't go as planned, then pay $40 (or whatever the going rate) to subscribe to updates/member area at that time? Or will there be a $ penalty if you let your member area / support subscription lapse?
I am trying to find the exact thread but I think I remember seeing that there will be a penalty however amounts are given.

Top Bottom