Buttons for Watch, and Edit

Morgain

I find the small discreet text links offered for ordinary users are difficult for them to notice.
So for controls I want them to notice/ learn/ get familiar with I am making into buttons.

I've done LIKE and REPLY (with quote)
Now I am trying to do WATCH THREAD and EDIT.

WATCH THREAD in thread_view
This has been capitalised in Phrases. The following insert works except it only shows the first word "WATCH" - and this is the same if I return the Phrase to lower case.

Rich (BB code):
        <xen:if is="{$canWatchThread}">
            <a href="{xen:link 'threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false"><input type="submit" class="button" style="background-color: #ff9966; "value={xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_thread}', '{xen:phrase watch_thread}'}></a>
        </xen:if>
I have also popped it in at the bottom under the last post so user does not have to scroll up to find it - that is if they know it should be up there in the first place. Now having read the thread up to date they can decide to Watch it right there.
I put it in like this:
Rich (BB code):
<!--ADD WATCH BUTTON -->
<div align=right><xen:if is="{$canWatchThread}">
<a href="{xen:link 'threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false"><input type="submit" class="button" style="background-color: #ff9966;" "value={xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_thread}', '{xen:phrase watch_thread}'}></a>
</xen:if></div><br />
<!--END ADD WATCH BUTTON -->
<xen:include template="ad_thread_view_below_messages" />
It again truncates, showing only "Watch."
buttons.webp
Also I would like it to follow immediately after the message container so it looks as if attached to it, or almost like a tab. At the moment there is a vertical gap after the message so Watch shows closer to the Quick Reply than to the last message.
I have looked for a margin setting in Style Properties and linked css but cannot find it.

EDIT
Have searched thread_view for where to buttonize the "Edit" link but cannot find it.
Looked in the linked templates too.

You have an error in the code posted above. This should work...

Code:
<!--ADD WATCH BUTTON -->
<div id="watch" align=right><xen:if is="{$canWatchThread}">
<a href="{xen:link 'threads/watch-confirm', $thread}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false"><input type="submit" class="button" style="background-color: #ff9966;" value="{xen:if $thread.thread_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_thread}', '{xen:phrase watch_thread}'}"></a>
</xen:if></div><br />
<!--END ADD WATCH BUTTON -->

The edit link can be found in the post template. Also, the desired display position you want isn't possible with the template you're editing. You should be able to use a hook in the post template to put it there though.

Top Bottom