Building a Course

MartinCole

Hi
Currently I have a couple of online courses, but I want to shift to a membership model. In order to do this I 'believe' that the best way is to have a forum for the community side of things. BUT I think it makes sense to have everything in one place.
So...
It is possible to create courses and protect them at different member levels and built this all into a fomum type environment?

Any Ideas Thoughts welcome.
I am familiar with Thinkific - Worpress - Memberpress. I am looking for a more holistic type of environment.

The user groups, promotions, permissions, and user upgrades functionality can be used to protect sections (forums) to paying members.

Multiple permissions sets/upgrades can be created as required.

Yes, we basically take advantage of XF permission system to build a custom LMS.
We use it to grant permission to the next level of the course when they pass a quiz.
We use it to allow people to post submission that only the mod and themselves can see in a private forum. Members can only see their threads.
Use XF Media to post video and students with appropriate permission can see it.
And a bunch of other custom addons put together.

Yes, we basically take advantage of XF permission system to build a custom LMS.
We use it to grant permission to the next level of the course when they pass a quiz.
We use it to allow people to post submission that only the mod and themselves can see in a private forum. Members can only see their threads.
Use XF Media to post video and students with appropriate permission can see it.
And a bunch of other custom addons put together.
Did you manage to find a quiz add-on or was it custom work? I am looking for a simple quiz system.

Top Bottom