1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Buggy editor

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by JayX, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JayX

JayX Active Member

The editor for replying to posts has been very buggy on my forum when adding features like different colours within text. Often it won't respond at all so you can't press enter to start a new line. Other times there'll be big spaces in between lines that weren't there when the post was submitted.
  2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Would help to know what version of xF you are using.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

It's also important to note the operating system and browser you are using. Also provide step-by-step instructions to duplicate the bug.
    Amaury likes this.
  4. JayX

JayX Active Member

Sorry about that. Version 1.1.5. I'm using Windows 8, Google chrome.

The reason I didn't provide instructions is the editor sometimes seems to have this glitch, not always. It's fine for normal writing and editing, issues only arise when coloured/formatted text is involved.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The editor used in 1.1.5 has been deprecated in favour of Redactor in 1.2.x.
    JayX, caoanh204 and aiman.h.kallaf like this.
  6. caoanh204

caoanh204 Active Member

Yes, Redactor in XF 1.2 had fixed. Please upgrade your forum.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We don't recommend upgrading while the software hasn't been declared stable as it is not officially supported.

Currently it is at Release Candidate 2 status.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's a known issue that can come up in the 1.1 editor. It's resolved in 1.2.