bronxroots.com

steven s

I've had this domain for several years just waiting for XenForo to come along.
Just bought another license. That makes 3 licenses so far. :)

I just started putting this one together a couple days ago.
Still lots of work to do.
Not necessarily looking for any comments yet.
Criticism can be brutal. :)

I take it that the forum is about Bronx NY and the people who live there? Good luck with this, seriously.
I don't mean to be a downer, but there are already a couple of forums for people in the Bronx. Plus, it seems like the regional forums aren't doing so hot, not sure why.

I take it that the forum is about Bronx NY and the people who live there? Good luck with this, seriously.
I don't mean to be a downer, but there are already a couple of forums for people in the Bronx. Plus, it seems like the regional forums aren't doing so hot, not sure why.
That's OK. I hope for it to be more of an nostalgic take. I know of a couple on that line already.
There are an abundant of car forums, website administration forums, health related and off topic forums.
Every forum develops it's own flavor. I'll give it a shot.

Besides, it's another $140 towards the XF defense fund.
I already had the domain and hosting cost me zero.

That's OK. I hope for it to be more of an nostalgic take. I know of a couple on that line already.
There are an abundant of car forums, website administration forums, health related and off topic forums.
Every forum develops it's own flavor. I'll give it a shot.

Besides, it's another $140 towards the XF defense fund.
I already had the domain and hosting cost me zero.
Very good then! :)

Very good then! :)
Beside, you got somethin' against people from Da Bronx?
free-fighting-smileys-365.gif
;)

I agree that the internet is already saturated in almost every niche and there is nothing wrong with adding more. There are a lot of reasons another site can do well and a lot of it stems from the way a site is run. How many forums are out there where people get the alter ego or there are cliques between members that just drives people away? If you have a fun and friendly place and keep it that way you can still grow a nice community.

I think there is a lot to say about sites/forums that are run well. No matter what you do there is always going to be a bad egg every once in a while out of so many good members. We have had our share this year. For the most part though as long as everyone remains friendly, no alter ego's whether it be from staff or other members and the general feel of the community is friendly any site can grow. Granted it might take longer but it will grow. Word of mouth is your best friend in those circumstances, as most people that are already on a site dealing in your niche won't really know about your site because they probably don't search for that topic since they are already involved in that topic on another site.

Once word spreads though things can start snowballing pretty quick.

I plan on having a larger font since the general audience will be in their 50s. Like me. :) Or older.
It's something I have wanted to do for years.
Bronx forums and mail lists can get pretty heated. But that is just our nature. We are a passionate bunch.
I will be competing with a forum that has been around for a very long time. I didn't care for it very much.

This weekend I will work on populating it with information and links and let google do its magic.
Then I'll wait for someone to offer me a lot of money to buy it. :) j/k

Top Bottom