Browser issue Broken page with some attachments

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Affected version
Posted on behalf of a user who didn't want to post themselves.

On mobile it looks like this. Attachment doesn't display and isn't clickable:

1594248394027.png

On desktop (firefox browser) is where the style is broken for me anyway - note the scroll progress bar in upper right, this post is making the page a mile tall. And when I get to the bottom there are no controls for replying, or even reporting this post. Attachment link in post, not clickable here either. In chrome and Opera, page not broken at all but attachment link still not clickable.

1594248492332.png

(First screenshot may be an old Android build,
Android 6.0 Chrome 38.

Also -- may be interesting maybe not... But when I go to quote that post using mobile there is no attachment bb code in the quoted message. Doesn't happen on any other attachment-containing post here on xf, I tried it with 11 of them to make sure. Here is what I see when quoting that post:

Capture+_2020-07-08-18-18-14.webp

If these are really from Firefox 53 and Chrome 38, then they aren't something we'd be working to fix. With recent/auto-updating browsers, we would generally only support the current version and the previous 1 or 2 releases. Both of the listed versions are significantly older than that.

If these are really from Firefox 53 and Chrome 38, then they aren't something we'd be working to fix. With recent/auto-updating browsers, we would generally only support the current version and the previous 1 or 2 releases. Both of the listed versions are significantly older than that.
MY first assumption was browser issue. Except for the fact I've ONLY seen this issue on the ONE post. Not seeing it anywhere else. I still don't think this is a bug and did not report as such. I reported the post itself, believing something is wrong with the attachment. On that one post here.

Top Bottom