******* add-on cannot be uninstalled

Still having trouble grasping the logic behind not allowing people to uninstall your add on after you revoke their license (implying you want them to not use your add on anymore). That is an incredibly bad practice.

Still having trouble grasping the logic behind not allowing people to uninstall your add on after you revoke their license (implying you want them to not use your add on anymore). That is an incredibly bad practice.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As you know by do a searching in Google, our products are pirated (null/share) to many. And sometime we receive fraud payment. We implement this feature to prevent it. But today, we've just realized it's our mistake and we've removed from our system.

Thanks for your feedback.

As you know by do a searching in Google, our products are pirated (null/share) to many.
I understand that. What I don't understand is how preventing them from uninstalling the add on helps that situation at all. I get call homes during installation, uninstallation seems rather odd though.

I'm glad you've resolved it.

So I bought the Credit Premium Add-on, bought brand free for it, and even had ******* do a custom currency exchanger for it... lot of money spent. He always seemed nice enough to me but I don't know anything about code to know if some injector or whatever it's called was in it or not. Should I be worried about something?

My only complaint about ******* was that I was automatically put into some recurring Paypal payment that I did not know about. When the time came, my bank account suddenly lost some money unexpectedly. That did piss me off.

@xIsabel38 Thanks for your trusted and purchased in our products. For your question "Should I be worried about something?" We think you can self answer through your times you've been using our products.

My only complaint about ******* was that I was automatically put into some recurring Paypal payment that I did not know about. When the time came, my bank account suddenly lost some money unexpectedly. That did piss me off.

As you can see our the newest announcement about terms of use at https://*******.com/threads/new-terms-of-use-*******-memberships.728/
  • If you buy STANDARD membership, then you will get free support and product updates for 12 months.
  • All recurring membership packages (STANDARD/PROFESSIONAL) will be changed to non-recurring.
We hope you will find these terms satisfactory and look forward to the pleasure of your order.

As you can see our the newest announcement about terms of use at https://*******.com/threads/new-terms-of-use-*******-memberships.728/
  • If you buy STANDARD membership, then you will get free support and product updates for 12 months.
  • All recurring membership packages (STANDARD/PROFESSIONAL) will be changed to non-recurring.
We hope you will find these terms satisfactory and look forward to the pleasure of your order.
It doesn't really help the previous $45 that suddenly was taken out of my account. But I do appreciate that you changed this so it won't happen in the future.

I have used your product Credits Premium and so far so good. I just need to find a shop to go with it.

@xIsabel38 Thanks for your trusted and purchased in our products. For your question "Should I be worried about something?" We think you can self answer through your times you've been using our products.

I have a few add-0ns with you that expired after 6 months. Why did I not receive a full year? One of those being Credits Premium you know I renewed a few days ago for another $45.00 (which I did receive lifetime on now)

I have a few add-0ns with you that expired after 6 months. Why did I not receive a full year? One of those being Credits Premium you know I renewed a few days ago for another $45.00 (which I did receive lifetime on now)

As discussion at Sep 3, 2014 with you. We upgraded to Lifetime License for you. Did you get it ?

lifetime.webp

As our discussion at Sep 3, 2014 we upgraded to Lifetime License for you. Did you get it ?

View attachment 83343

yeap! but.. purchased
Location BBCode <Standard> &
Credits Resource Integration <Standard>

Start Date: Oct 1, 2013
Expires: Apr 1, 2014

As you can see, I only received 6 months, not a full year as stated above..

If you buy STANDARD membership, then you will get free support and product updates for 12 months.

Same with Premium Credits, I used a older version for months as it also expired after 6 months.

All my other active addons accept AIO Social Comments <Professional> expire after 6 months too, not 1 year.. Please fix the two expired above and these below to 1 year.

• Credits Premium <Standard Lifetime>
    Start Date: Oct 1, 2013

• Node List Sidebar Render <Standard>
    Start Date: May 8, 2014
    Expires: Nov 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM

• Key Code <Standard>
    Start Date: Apr 16, 2014
    Expires: Oct 16, 2014 at 2:25 AM

• Support Ticket System <Standard>
    Start Date: May 23, 2014
    Expires: Nov 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM

• AIO Social Comments <Professional>
    Start Date: Aug 5, 2014
    Expires: Aug 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

@*******, when do you plan on updating all your addons without the callback on uninstallation? Can you please ensure that its specified in the update release notes what is being done so i can then reactivate your addons upon update.

@*******, when do you plan on updating all your addons without the callback on uninstallation? Can you please ensure that its specified in the update release notes what is being done so i can then reactivate your addons upon update.

We've updated on our server side and now you can uninstall our addon without callback.

Allowing callbacks to always go through server side does not remove the callback itself. Are the collected informations of this uninstall callback stored at your server as well?

Did you see our source code and understand what we said with you ? We didn't encode any lines in our products and we didn't collect any your sensity informations. Everything is publicity.

Do you really think people will read your source code before installing an add-on? Don't you think you need to clearly tell the people that you collect and store informations about their server and xenforo installation?

Also you load additional hidden php code from your server to be executed silently when your add-on is installed. No one knows what this code is for and what you do with it. You can tell us anything. You are even able to load and process different code for some customers at any time.

Do you really think this is trustworthy?

This is all too messy a situation. I'm sure your reasons are legitimate *******, I'm afraid I've uninstalled all your addons I had installed - even the paid for ones - until such a time that any callbacks and data collection has been removed from all your resources which is a shame because I really like the one's I'm using. Hopefully I can re-install them again in the future.

In this day and age data is a sensitive issue and most people are trying to keep theirs safe..not matter what the data is, this just seems wrong to me.

If you want to protect your modifications from piracy etc then I'd suggest looking at the kind of set-up @Snog has for this paid resources, to me that is a more reasonable solution.

We've updated on our server side and now you can uninstall our addon without callback.

Allowing callbacks to always go through server side does not remove the callback itself. Are the collected informations of this uninstall callback stored at your server as well?

@HWS That's what concerns me at this point. ******* has graciously turned off the code at his server however the reported intrusive code remains in the software. Not saying he will, but at anytime when the heat of this discussion dies down, whose to say he won't turn it on again? Not being a coder myself I rely on the integrity of developers to do the right thing, and also the feedback and experience of others regarding same.
So until all his/their add-ons are updated with this reported intrusive code removed, the doubt will always be there if he/they are getting server and forum info from their customers.

I'm just trying to uninstall one of their styles (Magnesium) and it won't allow me to remove the framework addon that goes with it. I get a server error:

Invalid data response from server. Please contact ******* Administrator for more information.

1. *******_*******Helper_Installer->_checkLicense() in *******/*******Helper/1000171/Installer.php at line 88
  2. *******_*******Helper_Installer->initialize() in *******/*******Helper/1000171/Installer.php at line 259
  3. *******_*******Helper_Installer->uninstallAddOn() in *******/StyliumFramework/Installer.php at line 33
  4. *******_StyliumFramework_Installer::uninstall()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 200
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1779
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/myfreemasonry.com/httpdocs/x/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom