Bring Original Redactor Colors back

Bring Original Redactor Colors back

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
King Kovifor submitted a new resource:

Bring Original Redactor Colors back - 1.2 B1-B3 had a different color set than 1.2 B4 on.

To do this, it requires a simple JavaScript edit (will need reapplied each upgrade - I may turn this into an add-on later on).

In /js/redactor/redactor.js find the following code:
Code:
colors: [
                '#ffffff', '#ff9999', '#ffcc99', '#ffff99', '#ccff99', '#99ff99', '#99ffcc', '#99ffff', '#99ccff', '#9999ff', '#cc99ff', '#ff99ff', '#ff99cc',
                '#bfbfbf', '#ff4d4d', '#ffa64d', '#ffff4d', '#a6ff4d', '#4dff4d', '#4dffa6', '#4dffff', '#4da6ff', '#4d4dff',...

Read more about this resource...

@Shelley and @Azhria Lilu deserve credit for this.

Hi, do you happen to have an image of like Before and After? I don't really know what the old color styles looked like but I do know that when XF 1.2 is released I'm going to want to get rid of these boring grey buttons.

It won't change the actual buttons. It takes the color selection from Bright to a muted color. I'm on mobile, so I can't grab a screen cap at this moment. However, I believe there is a picture in the suggestion to bring back the old colors (Implemented).

The dropdown menu would be awfully big. I think I'll just keep to the original Mike palette which is far easier on the eye and a whole less blinding.

Very handy.. Thanks @King Kovifor yet another very helpful and useful tip provided by your good self... Yourself and @Brogan should have "Donation" pages up somewhere.. You guys both go above and beyond the standard community members to assist people... Once i do eventually get my head around XF i will convert to one of your kind.. but for now i am soaking in as much XF as possible.

Darren

Finally getting to look at this. Both of my websites use Dark Styles and I noticed the regular and bright font colors such as FF0000 just appears like an eye sore so this will really help me change it all around.

Of course it's going to take a while to find a good color and then test it out.

Top Bottom