1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring Original Redactor Colors back

1.2 B1-B3 had a different color set than 1.2 B4 on.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

King Kovifor submitted a new resource:

Bring Original Redactor Colors back - 1.2 B1-B3 had a different color set than 1.2 B4 on.

Read more about this resource...

@Shelley and @Azhria Lilu deserve credit for this.

Nicky Vermeersch, Bob and Lisa like this.
  2. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Hi, do you happen to have an image of like Before and After? I don't really know what the old color styles looked like but I do know that when XF 1.2 is released I'm going to want to get rid of these boring grey buttons.

3. Jeremy

It won't change the actual buttons. It takes the color selection from Bright to a muted color. I'm on mobile, so I can't grab a screen cap at this moment. However, I believe there is a picture in the suggestion to bring back the old colors (Implemented).

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

What did it look like before?? LOL

5. Jeremy

6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Bob and Jeremy like this.
  7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you can combine the two...

8. Jeremy

It would take some work, yes, but you can.

9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

The dropdown menu would be awfully big. I think I'll just keep to the original Mike palette which is far easier on the eye and a whole less blinding.

Lisa likes this.
  10. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Very handy.. Thanks @King Kovifor yet another very helpful and useful tip provided by your good self... Yourself and @Brogan should have "Donation" pages up somewhere.. You guys both go above and beyond the standard community members to assist people... Once i do eventually get my head around XF i will convert to one of your kind.. but for now i am soaking in as much XF as possible.

Darren

Jeremy likes this.
  11. Jeremy

I can't take all the credit here. Lisa (@Azhria Lilu) and @Shelley found most of this and all that. I tweaked it to be one file edit versus a file edit + template edit.

12. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

That's awesome tho and yes @Shelley is a very talented person and great contributor here on XF also. Thanks for that tho i can have some fun with this.

13. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Finally getting to look at this. Both of my websites use Dark Styles and I noticed the regular and bright font colors such as FF0000 just appears like an eye sore so this will really help me change it all around.

Of course it's going to take a while to find a good color and then test it out.