Brexit

Who's Next?

• France

• Netherlands

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
The current First Minister of Scotland looks for any excuse to call for a referendum - this is just her latest. I'm not sure it's really logical though, as 100% of Scotland didn't vote to remain, just a higher percentage than the leave did, so that doesn't automatically mean she'd win a referendum to separate from the UK.

As for Northern Ireland - the actual party in control there (which isn't Sinn Fein) have stated they're not looking to break away and that Sinn Fein are attempting to be opportunistic.

A high percentage voted remain but remain won in the whole country. There wasn't a city in Scotland that had a majority leave vote. That's part of her basis for asking for the second referendum but I do agree she looks for any excuse.

I know some scots and some voted to stay in the EU just so if this happened they could use it to try and get a 2nd referendum on parting the UK.

Its like them calling for a 2nd EU one but wanting it where its got to be a 75% or more turn out and a 60% or more winning vote, thats basically a vote they know could not be won very likely but by that it means the IN side can not lose.

Whats done is done and its time people move forwards because we do not know if its for the best or not. But inless we all pull as one and try it will never be for the best.

I know some scots and some voted to stay in the EU just so if this happened they could use it to try and get a 2nd referendum on parting the UK.

Its like them calling for a 2nd EU one but wanting it where its got to be a 75% or more turn out and a 60% or more winning vote, thats basically a vote they know could not be won very likely but by that it means the IN side can not lose.

Whats done is done and its time people move forwards because we do not know if its for the best or not. But inless we all pull as one and try it will never be for the best.
I think it'll be political suicide for the government to allow the 2nd referendum, as well as making Britain a laughing stock. Had Remain won, and Leave campaingers set up this petition, you can just imagine how that would have gone down.

Had Remain won, and Leave campaingers set up this petition, you can just imagine how that would have gone down.
Funny, it's exactly what Farage said he'd fight for if the result was 52-48 for Remain.

Nigel Farage warns today he would fight for a second referendum on Britain in Europe if the remain campaign won by a narrow margin next month.

The Ukip leader said a small defeat for his leave camp would be “unfinished business” and predicted pressure would grow for a re-run of the 23 June ballot.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Funny, it's exactly what Farage said he'd fight for if the result was 52-48 for Remain.
I know...but he also was ostrasized from the official Leave Campaign, so really it's pointless focusing on what he said. They also claim he was the one to say 350 millon would be given to the NHS - he didn't.

Truthfully, I think the whole thing was crazy - neither side was completely honest, but I will say the Leave side at least focused on the pros of leaving. The remain side only focused on the negatives of leaving. Maybe if they'd spent more time telling people what was good about the EU, they would have got a higher vote.

Then you've got the young voters who are crying about how the older generation has ruinded Britain for them. Sky data have released projected stats of the voting age demographic figures:-

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

We're told that 75% of those aged 18-24 voted Remain. . . yet only approx 36% of voters of that age voted. I'm crap at maths but even I know that 75% of 36% is not a huge amount. Maybe if this age group had actually gone out and voted, it would have been different.

Add that to some of the most vitriolic comments I've seen from people of that age group toward older people - including things like one I saw from a 16 year old girl to a 73 year old woman, where the young girl told the older woman that "you have ruined our lives, when you'll be dead in two years anyway"

That makes me think that maybe the voting age should go up to 21, and give these kids a chance of some life experience before being able to vote.

Whatever way people voted, I firmly believe that the referendum has brought out one positive - the fact that the EU does need to look at reforms that work for everyone before people are fully comfortable with it. It's also shown me how awful people are when they don't get their own way.

It's also shown me how awful people are when they don't get their own way.
Also those who do get their way. You only need to look at the reports on the news and social media of the increase in racist incidents (people being told they'll be deported and that they should go back to their own country) since the result was announced. I know that it's just a minority doing that, just as it's a minority of remainers who are being awful to those who voted leave. What's clear is that the UK is deeply divided and our leaders need to do everything possible to bring us together rather than focusing on the in-fighting in the political parties.

Also those who do get their way. You only need to look at the reports on the news and social media of the increase in racist incidents (people being told they'll be deported and that they should go back to their own country) since the result was announced. I know that it's just a minority doing that, just as it's a minority of remainers who are being awful to those who voted leave. What's clear is that the UK is deeply divided and our leaders need to do everything possible to bring us together rather than focusing on the in-fighting in the political parties.
True. I'm trying not to look at most of it to be honest. It's brought out the worst of both sides. I completely agree with you.

I know...but he also was ostrasized from the official Leave Campaign, so really it's pointless focusing on what he said. They also claim he was the one to say 350 millon would be given to the NHS - he didn't.

Truthfully, I think the whole thing was crazy - neither side was completely honest, but I will say the Leave side at least focused on the pros of leaving. The remain side only focused on the negatives of leaving. Maybe if they'd spent more time telling people what was good about the EU, they would have got a higher vote.

Then you've got the young voters who are crying about how the older generation has ruinded Britain for them. Sky data have released projected stats of the voting age demographic figures:-

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

We're told that 75% of those aged 18-24 voted Remain. . . yet only approx 36% of voters of that age voted. I'm crap at maths but even I know that 75% of 36% is not a huge amount. Maybe if this age group had actually gone out and voted, it would have been different.

Add that to some of the most vitriolic comments I've seen from people of that age group toward older people - including things like one I saw from a 16 year old girl to a 73 year old woman, where the young girl told the older woman that "you have ruined our lives, when you'll be dead in two years anyway"

That makes me think that maybe the voting age should go up to 21, and give these kids a chance of some life experience before being able to vote.

Whatever way people voted, I firmly believe that the referendum has brought out one positive - the fact that the EU does need to look at reforms that work for everyone before people are fully comfortable with it. It's also shown me how awful people are when they don't get their own way.

That's the problem with many young people today, they never want to do anything but moan and that when something does not go there way.

Hate getting new young people at work, because they never want to work, most the time they just float around with phone in hand checking out facebook and then moan that they don't get a pay raise and when you tell them "Well if you did some work you might get one" they reply with "I'll do some work when i get a raise".

Boris Johnson says he won't run for PM and Nigel Farage steps down before any negotiations with the EU :?

If UKIP has reached it's goal as Farage said in his resignation speech, why just him? Why not merge UKIP into another party?

Very strange. It feels like there's something else going on...

There's also speculation that a lot of the recent changes are people fleeing before the Chilcot report is released on Wednesday.

The European Union has changed enormously over the last decades. EU policy diminished British influence and sovereignty. So the decision to withdraw from EU is historic truly. And we can only suppose what will happen next. Economically GB will suffer some time. It’s difficult to enter single market. The exit will cut growth and hurt state economic centers.
About the EU future. I think that this organization have no hope to prosperity and future at all.

Top Bottom