Brexit

Who's Next?

• France

• Netherlands

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.
Be interesting to see how the global stock markets open and close today. This could be a bad day globally. We all know how easily spooked investors are.

It appears the ftse100 has closed at its highest rate in a month.

The ftse250 is not as great.

Because I don't live in the UK, I'm not sure if what I read is ight. Maybe someone can confirm it for me?
I read that in the UK, referendums, unlike in France, weren't absolute. I mean in France, the result of a vote like that would be necessary, but apparently, it's just advisory in the UK. Does that mean that under other circonstances, the government could choose not to follow the citizen's opinion?

Because I don't live in the UK, I'm not sure if what I read is ight. Maybe someone can confirm it for me?
I read that in the UK, referendums, unlike in France, weren't absolute. I mean in France, the result of a vote like that would be necessary, but apparently, it's just advisory in the UK. Does that mean that under other circonstances, the government could choose not to follow the citizen's opinion?

We have 2 types of referendum, a advisory and a binary.

An advisory referendum is not legally binding, however if the government didn't implement the wishes of the people it would be political suicide for the party, so unless there was some extraordinary reason why they wouldn't, it is as-good-as a binary referendum.

We have 2 types of referendum, a advisory and a binary.

An advisory referendum is not legally binding, however if the government didn't implement the wishes of the people it would be political suicide for the party, so unless there was some extraordinary reason why they wouldn't, it is as-good-as a binary referendum.

I see, thanks :D

Feel sad about the result. Unfortunately, I do not think the City can keep the same status in future and gradually more of the financial sector will move to Frankfurt.

Do you think it would have made a significant difference if they wouldn't have underestimated him?
Absolutely. In the beginning no one challenged him because they didn't take him as a serious candidate. Super PACs could have started picking him apart from day one. And the liberal mainstream media wouldn't have given him so much free airtime as a ratings juggernaut. The US and the UK seem to be going through some very similar parallels at the moment in regards to our mutual governments being completely out of touch with its own constituents.

Last edited:
The £ went down, not the best time to be in a Euro country with a £ bank account card (although, if I'd taken all my cash out when I got here it would've been fine).

Bitcoin has skyrocketed though...

Liam

4555319.webp

Will not be surprised if you get a second referendum about Scotland and Ireland want be separated from GB.
Scotland are pushing for a second referendum but if they want to remain they will have to apply for EU membership on their own as an individual state and meet criteria then get acceptance from every other state.

Top Bottom