XF 1.2 Breadcrumbs

MattW

On my converted forum, the breadcrumbs are going onto multiple lines in responsive mode
image.webp

On a clean install, they are shrinking and fitting on a single row
image.webp

Is there an option for this, or is something wrong after the conversion?

If you have edited your breadcrumbs in SPs, revert them and reapply your customisations as there have been changes made to the CSS.

Any customised SPs won't be updated with the new CSS though.

Looks like the ".breadcrumb" entry doesn't have a height as it does here, which would be the underlying cause.
If you have edited your breadcrumbs in SPs, revert them and reapply your customisations as there have been changes made to the CSS.

Any customised SPs won't be updated with the new CSS though.
Yep, I'd edited the style property to remove the border radius. Reset them, and re-applied my edit and it's working now.

breadcrumbs.webp

I had to go through every single SP and check for changes between 1.1.5 and 1.2.0 so I made sure I didn't have any which were outdated.

BTW, it looks like you have no border radius on the site at all?
If so, just add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
* { border-radius: 0 !important; }
You don't need to edit any SPs then.

I had to go through every single SP and check for changes between 1.1.5 and 1.2.0 so I made sure I didn't have any which were outdated.

BTW, it looks like you have no border radius on the site at all?
If so, just add this to EXTRA.css:
Code:
* { border-radius: 0 !important; }
You don't need to edit any SPs then.
Well bugger me! That would have saved me a couple of hours going through all the SP's looking for anything with a border radius!

Thanks Paul. Going through and reverting them all now. Is it better to always use EXTRA.css as there are a few that I've also changed the font with to load an extra default font?

It should be:

HTML:
* {
  -webkit-border-radius: 0 !important;
  -moz-border-radius: 0 !important;
  border-radius: 0 !important;
}

Some browsers still need their own prefix. :rolleyes:

It depends is the answer to that.

Some stuff doesn't work too well in EXTRA.css as the page renders first and then EXTRA.css is applied, giving a horrible effect.
The header background is a good example of that.

In other cases !important is required, even using the highest specificity, which again isn't ideal.

Mostly though I use SPs where possible and then EXTRA.css for the styling which isn't covered there.

It depends is the answer to that.

Some stuff doesn't work too well in EXTRA.css as the page renders first and then EXTRA.css is applied, giving a horrible effect.
The header background is a good example of that.

In other cases !important is required, even using the highest specificity, which again isn't ideal.

Mostly though I use SPs where possible and then EXTRA.css for the styling which isn't covered there.
Cool, the only things I've got changed via SPs now are the font-family and a few font sizes.

There is no way to tell unless you get results like Matt was getting, and just checking.

I think @Brogan mentioned a change log for 1.2 stable will include property changes which will help a good bit.

The properties do not have versions so to speak like templates do.

Top Bottom