XF 2.2 Breadcrumbs problem with no node displayed on the home page,

Nicolas FR

Hello,

I set all my nodes to be not displayed on forum home, i just use widgets.

My problem is the category link in the breadcrumbs: when you click on it you are redirect to home page but as there is no category on it user finds himself in the middle of the page (vertically) without any sense at this position.
This seems to me to be pretty normal as behavior but is there a possibility that categories links in the breadcrumbs point to the home page but positioned top of the page?

I don't set categories as pages too, i don't want use this option.

Thanks.

Solution
Given what you're doing, this is probably the only way to resolve it automatically.

Looking at your site, the categories are actually present in the page, but you seem to have CSS that hides them. As such, the anchors are actually present in the page, so the browser is doing the best it can when the container isn't visible.
Given what you're doing, this is probably the only way to resolve it automatically.

Looking at your site, the categories are actually present in the page, but you seem to have CSS that hides them. As such, the anchors are actually present in the page, so the browser is doing the best it can when the container isn't visible.

Solution
Thanks for the reply Mike,
I understand the behaviour now, you're right i use display: none; to not diplay the categories. I tried to add visibility: hidden; to the css but without success.
So maybe i will create pages for categories and use route to redirect them to the home page ?
I just think about that, i will try now.

Top Bottom