branding your website

physicspirate

I'm just curious how most of you come up with the branding ideas for your websites? EG: Logo, colour scheme, slogan. I've noticed that there are some pretty big companies dedicated to creating logos, and generating colour schemes for hundreds of dollars. Do you use these services, or create your own? Where did you get your inspiration?

Mine was an evolution of sorts. My first site design/logo, now that I see them, were horrible. If you can design yourself nothing like it. Else you can get a nice logo made for about 20 USD. A friend of mine runs a 24 hour 20$ deadline contest at DP whenever he needs a logo for a site. If you are regular on an admin site such as this, where generally people are very helpful, many will be willing to make a logo for you for free if only you ask nicely... :)

I'm just curious how most of you come up with the branding ideas for your websites? EG: Logo, colour scheme, slogan. I've noticed that there are some pretty big companies dedicated to creating logos, and generating colour schemes for hundreds of dollars. Do you use these services, or create your own? Where did you get your inspiration?
Do you use these services, or create your own? = I create my own
Inspiration = come's from what my site is about :)
Logo = i try to match with the domain name (as much as i can :D)
colour scheme = also from what my site is about
slogan = hmm i don't normal have one

Mine was an evolution of sorts. My first site design/logo, now that I see them, were horrible. If you can design yourself nothing like it. Else you can get a nice logo made for about 20 USD. A friend of mine runs a 24 hour 20$ deadline contest at DP whenever he needs a logo for a site. If you are regular on an admin site such as this, where generally people are very helpful, many will be willing to make a logo for you for free if only you ask nicely... :)

What is the URL to this "DP"?

I do some water colour paintings in my spare time, but when it comes to a logo I never seem to make anything I like on the computer. I think I'm going to see if someone can photoshopify my sketches into a workable logo. I think my talents with drawing programs are extremely limited.

Top Bottom