Boycott Amazon.com?

But Amazon has the money to cool the warehouses down. People could die from the heat.

It's not as easy as it sounds to cool a warehouse. Part of the problem lies in the fact the warehouses are consistently open on multiple fronts for moving goods from cargo containers and freight cars. Add additional sources of heat, such as lighting, machinery, and well it becomes a challenge in its own right.

We get it. You're used to heat. I'm sure Eskimos are used to below 0 temperatures. Doesn't mean if your NOT used to it, it can't kill you. It's one thing to live in extreme weather. It's another thing entirely to work in extreme temperature. 15 people didn't pass out from being wussies.

I was working in a stockroom once that had a broken air conditioner during, of course, one of the worst heat waves of the year. I fortunately didn't have any issues, but I know what it's like to work under those conditions. You just don't want to do anything, the heat and humidity just saps all your energy.

Everyone is different, some people can tolerate high heat, while others cannot

Amazon should air condition that place, end of story.

Everyone is different, some people can tolerate high heat, while others cannot

Amazon should air condition that place, end of story.
Fans would do better to get air circulating inside the warehouse, an air conditioner would let the cold air escape every time doors were opened, and and with the amount of deliveries that Amazon gets and makes, it would never cool down.

No way am I stopping ordering from Amazon - with Prime they are the best online retailer in the UK for Northern Ireland by far - Royal Mail Special Delivery guaranteed next day on everything :)

Fans would do better to get air circulating inside the warehouse, an air conditioner would let the cold air escape every time doors were opened, and and with the amount of deliveries that Amazon gets and makes, it would never cool down.

Fans would only balance the temperatures from outside, but that's about it.

Does not rise to the level of "human rights violation". Drink water, take salt (do they still recommend that?) or quit!
Correct.
I've worked in worse.
Me too.
43-45°C outside,inside the factory 50-55°C on a hot machine, for about a week.
The manager brought to us soft drinks,milk and salt tablets.
(Milk and salt tablet= salts)

Top Bottom