Bounced E-Mails are bugging me

yavuz

I made a habit of sending sending periodic newsletters to my members to keep the board active and remind what’s going on. My members love it, I get a lot of positive feedback.

I have 13k + members and I only send to those who has selected "receive e-mail notifications from admin" option in their settings. There is always an option in these e-mail newsletters how to disable notifications for those who prefer not to receive e-mails in the future.

Anyway... There are a lot of user accounts whose emails are either not valid, no longer been used or have a full mailbox which causes emails to bounce. I've selected the mails to be send with -f parameter, after that the number of bounced emails decreased but still, 100-200 emails bounces.

I really wish there were an option where these accounts could be detected and marked as "awaiting confirmation" so I would no longer send these users newsletters. Is there a way that I’m not aware of to detect these accounts?

You really need to analyze the bounce responses to determine why it failed (temporary issue, bad email, spam/black list errors) and adjust. A permanent error (bad email) means that you need to manually flip that account back to awaiting confirmation.

We have that problem back when we use VB. Bounce management is a big problem.
We since moved to Mailchimp and import the email list from our database who choose to receive email from admin.

Much more elegant solution but Mailchimp is a paid solution which we gladly pay for.

You really need to analyze the bounce responses to determine why it failed (temporary issue, bad email, spam/black list errors) and adjust. A permanent error (bad email) means that you need to manually flip that account back to awaiting confirmation.

I did. Most of them %90 are due to "email account mail box may be full or no longer in use" situation. Due to the amount of them I would rather not edit 200 user accounts whose emails bounced back. I don't know the technicality if something is makable.

We have that problem back when we use VB. Bounce management is a big problem.
We since moved to Mailchimp and import the email list from our database who choose to receive email from admin.

Much more elegant solution but Mailchimp is a paid solution which we gladly pay for.

I use their google analytics plugin for wordpress. A thing to be considered. Are you happy with their service Andy ?

I have been using their service for over a year and wouldn't go back if there is a built in newsletter service for xenforo.
Their service can't be beat and the guys are innovating like crazy. You can integrate with lot of other product out there.

I will be releasing a Mailchimp-Xenforo addon pretty shortly which we have developed for our site to import new registration into the Mailchimp list.

Here is my referral signup link for Mailchimp

I have been using their service for over a year and wouldn't go back if there is a built in newsletter service for xenforo.
Their service can't be beat and the guys are innovating like crazy. You can integrate with lot of other product out there.

I will be releasing a Mailchimp-Xenforo addon pretty shortly which we have developed for our site to import new registration into the Mailchimp list.

Here is my referral signup link for Mailchimp

Thanks Andy, I'l check it out.

Any update on this one Andy? Mailchimp looks great. Already signed up with you referral link!
I have the addon working on my site for few weeks now.
Just didn't have the time to make screenshot and instruction. It was designed for my site which I will release as free addon with limited support.

Will get to it today or tomorrow.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!!

There are a lot of user accounts whose emails are either not valid, no longer been used or have a full mailbox which causes emails to bounce. I really wish there were an option where these accounts could be detected and marked as "awaiting confirmation" so I would no longer send these users newsletters.

How about this? ;)

Top Bottom