XF 2.2 Bounced and Automated bounced, can they have the same email address?

Miri

A question:
  • is it possible to use the same email address, (in my case bounced@website.com) for the "Bounced email address" and "Automated bounced email handler" options?
  • is it possible to use the same email address, (in my case unsubscribe@website.com) for the "Unsubscribe email address" and "Automated unsubscribe email handler" options?
I ask, because I want to be sure about the email settings, that I am having problems.

Thanks

I'm sorry, I forgot to list this too ..
can I use the same address of the "Bounced email address" as "Catch-all" in my cpanel?
thanks

The bounce email address should be one that isn't used for or accessed by anything else, in order for the bounce processing to work correctly.

@Brogan
The bounce email address should be one that isn't used for or accessed by anything else, in order for the bounce processing to work correctly.
do you mean create the email address ( for me would be in Cpanel) and do not use that email for anything else.. just as bounce@mydomain.tld and add that under bounced email
same for unsubscribe ?

do we need to click the option " Enable variable email address values for automated email handling " if we going to allow automatic unsubscribe?

also one last question

what do we do here?

• Sender info in from header on contact emails
If enabled, emails sent via the "Contact us" form will be sent with the sender's info in the "From" header rather than the "Reply-To" header. Enabling this may help with situations where replying to a contact message does not go to the correct address, but it may not be compatible with all SMTP servers.

Default email sender name
If specified, emails sent by XenForo will default to being from this name. If no value is entered, the board name will be used.

-is this the Forum Name we use here? like myforum.com or just my forum
- what is better to use here for purpose of spam not being triggered. .com at the end or just forum name or does this not matter in this field?

thank you so much or anyone else who can chime in to give me best way of setting up email section.

thanks
Spiro

I love when these threads get GHOSTED - nope! no ****ing response for you! even though you are a paying customer, especially when it's something that I'm trying to look up myself, love it :ROFLMAO:

You do realize that the forms are for peer support? Sure a lot of times the staff reply, but it does not always happen.
Yes, I absolutely realize that, changes nothing about what I said - I find it hilarious when I'm looking up a thread, find someone with a similar issue, and they just get absolutely GHOSTED, it happens (way too) often

Top Bottom