Bought the Playstation 4 :)

@Carlos, this will be my last post on this matter - but apparently you have a problem understanding planning for maximum usage and scaling your hardware appropriately. The console itself has no bearing on the matter - the backend (which they control and which they apparently did not scale appropriately) does. It's their JOB to plan appropriately for maximum possible exposure. If they don't have the money to do it - then they shouldn't be getting into the realm of offering a PAY online play system. And to say they didn't know how many GB/TB would be needed - again, bull if they provide the updates then they have to have a place to store them (and should know the amount therefore)... and they know that they produced a set quantity of consoles. You PLAN on every console being sold (hope for the sky) and scale appropriately.
If they don't provide the updates (if those go to the game publishers) then it has no bearing on their system other than being a relay with the lifting being done by the publishers. Either way - they failed in the attempt. Hopefully this will be another learning lesson for them.

I will say that MS has had their "periods" but I've only been impacted with them being down a few times (most because of my ISP provider). And since I'm retired I'm online a LOT. Since the xBox One launch I haven't been unable to connect at any time (but I have to admit I've been playing more on the 360 - since most of the folks I play online with haven't gotten the One yet - or on the PS/4). But if xBox Live was down then it would have also effected the 360 as well as the One.

End this argument. It's the second and final time I am going to say it. You three disagree, leave it at that. The argument is going in circles and has gone full circle already.

I'm almost sure I said the ps3 version 1 console was a nicely designed console.
Actually, I kind of like the new design. It is about the same size as the 360 I have (maybe a little less in width by just looking at them - about 3/4" less in height and about 1" more in depth). The ports on the back do blend in and actually had to "look" a little harder to find where everything was. The One is an OK design - but I'm not really crazy about it. Just looks like a BIG black box that could be easily confused the a cable converter box. :LOL:
The graphics on the PS/4 are noticeably better in BF/4 than on the One.
I'm still on the fence about the the Kinnect on the One. Didn't have it on the 360 since I didn't need it. Wish they offered the One without it as an option (and it would have reduced the price to about the level of the PS/4).

The more I play with the PS/4, the better I'm liking the controller compared to the xBox One. Something about the One's controller that just feels uncomfortable to me.

Such flippant disrespect will earn you 2 weeks off.
End this argument. It's the second and final time I am going to say it. You three disagree, leave it at that. The argument is going in circles and has gone full circle already.

It's a debate. Deal with it.

Finally back in my apartment and got it all set up. Well, minus the TV. Gotta go back to my parents to get that back.

But games + controller charging station on one shelf and surround below it. I'm a happy camper tonight. :D

image.webp

Finally back in my apartment and got it all set up. Well, minus the TV. Gotta go back to my parents to get that back.

But games + controller charging station on one shelf and surround below it. I'm a happy camper tonight. :D

View attachment 64268

Now for the big question: What game are you going to play when you get your television set up?

OK... I am a old skool gamer.. BF2 on the PC was probably the last game i lost countless months/days/hours and quite possible years in lol..

This PS4 or Xbox One debate is killing me !!! Which one is going to be the end winner ?? Ive only ever gamed on PC while i have played Fifa 13 on PS3 and i must say that was a lot of fun considering... Never had a xBox.. but knowing xBox is Microsoft id feel more confortable due to the fact it's MS and ive been hacking up MS opperating systems all my life.

2 Questions:

1:) Xbox or Sony
2:) What are they worth, And am i going to play it for one night and wake up regretting lashing out on so much ?

Darrren

1:) Xbox or Sony
2:) What are they worth, And am i going to play it for one night and wake up regretting lashing out on so much ?

Answer to #1 - Both.. :p
Actually, it really depends on what you are wanting. Pure gaming with fantastic graphics then the PS4. Good graphics with a great online game play experience (specifically co-op game play with ability to party up and chat) and great multi-media experience then the xBox.
I bounce back and forth between them on game play, but when I want to do any multimedia related I either go to the xBox or to the big screen in the living room with the Apple TV.

I love my Doctors office.
Set scene: Me in computer server room imaging a Linux system in prep for a conversion to a new server. While doing this, the office manager comes in and starts shooting the bull

Me: Hey, Larry - what are ya'll going to do with that PS3 that's been sitting up here for over a year.
Larry: Guess I'm going to give it to you.
Me: Great - thought that was what you were going to do with it. What's wrong with it?
Larry: It quit playing DVD's.
Me: OK - something I can fix at a little expense.

segue to later that day after I get home

Plug PS3 in - attach controller and put in the MW3 game my son let me borrow - 3 hours later I quit playing. :p
Think the "problem" they had was due to the fact that were standing it upright and it didn't like playing the DVD's that way. Haven't had a lick of problems with it laying flat. FREE console for MEEEEE! Score!

I got mine on launch in UK, well next day on the Sat because Amazon.co.uk 'lost' my system for it to then turn up at 9pm on the Sat night by a total diff delivery company than they had sent it with, followed by a full refund from Amazon a week later because they still said they had lost it and could not get a replacement. This happened to a few others other, basically Amazon UK lost a good number of orders and totally messed up the launch.

Here's mine.
20140111_230636.webp 20140111_230742.webp 20140111_230825.webp 20140111_231319.webp

I got mine on launch in UK, well next day on the Sat because Amazon.co.uk 'lost' my system for it to then turn up at 9pm on the Sat night by a total diff delivery company than they had sent it with, followed by a full refund from Amazon a week later because they still said they had lost it and could not get a replacement. This happened to a few others other, basically Amazon UK lost a good number of orders and totally messed up the launch.

Here's mine.
View attachment 64778 View attachment 64779 View attachment 64780 View attachment 64781
YAY! Another PS4 person! :)

May I ask which top-tier company you got that "L" desk from?

Here's mine.
View attachment 64778 View attachment 64779 View attachment 64780 View attachment 64781
Despite the delays & (I'm sure) frustration, a free PS4 is a pretty sweet deal.

Also is that a Hauppauge HD PVR I see there?
You can't go wrong with PS Plus.
You really can't! DmC and BioShock Infinite are free for January.

Despite the delays & (I'm sure) frustration, a free PS4 is a pretty sweet deal.

Also is that a Hauppauge HD PVR I see there?

You really can't! DmC and BioShock Infinite are free for January.
Yep i did not mind a one day delay at launch what ended with a free PS4, was gamer bundle with two pads and camera and killzone.

Yep its a HD PVR2, thats linked to my PS3 still.

Top Bottom