Bought an xenforo website but owner won't transfer xenforo license?

SW48

I bought an xenforo website and the previous owner transferred the hosting and even the facebook page but won't transfer the xenforo license so that I can do updates and add new plugins and post on this xenforo message board.

Now the users who use IE to post on the forum cannot post after the new windows upgrade. Looks like my forum needs upgraded and I can't even login to xenforo to get the update because the old owner didn't transfer the license.

What are my options?

Thanks

Yes the license transfer was part of the sale.

If I buy a new license, is there a way to leave the current forum undisturbed or does the current site need transferred, or is there just a license code somewhere I would change and everything would remain the same?

You can leave the installation intact.
Next time you upgrade you will overwrite the files with those from your new license.

Your forum will be unaffected.

Ok, I will buy the new license after work today and install.

Thanks for your help.

Were you aware of the IE 11 windows upgrade posting problem?

My users that have IE had to:

The fix is to go to "Tools" and slide down and click "Compatibility View Settings"
Then in the "Add This Website" section type in politicaljack.com and click "Add"

Then they were able to post and reply.

My users that have IE had to:

The fix is to go to "Tools" and slide down and click "Compatibility View Settings"
Then in the "Add This Website" section type in politicaljack.com and click "Add"

Then they were able to post and reply.
Welcome to the wonderful world of IE! :D

I've got a client that has a Sonic Firewall in place, and to log into it for remote access you HAVE to put it in compatibility mode otherwise it tries to load the JAVA version of the RDP.

I bought an xenforo website and the previous owner transferred the hosting and even the facebook page but won't transfer the xenforo license so that I can do updates and add new plugins and post on this xenforo message board.

Now the users who use IE to post on the forum cannot post after the new windows upgrade. Looks like my forum needs upgraded and I can't even login to xenforo to get the update because the old owner didn't transfer the license.

What are my options?

Thanks
I hope you are going to demand the resale value of the XenForo software from the "seller".

Top Bottom