Duplicate Board with ~1.600.000 reactions - Reaction Title is not changing

Scandal

Affected version
I have a strange problem on a xF2.1.7 board with Reactions System.
My board has almost ~1.600.000 reactions to forum posts.
I tried to change the title of any reaction via the admin manager but with no result.
The steps and the issue:
1. I click to a reaction on admin reactions manager to see the edit form.
2. I change the title and click Save.
3. A popup appears that something is being processed (.. with a number which increasing... it loads until the amount of ~50.000).
4. The title still be the old one on reactions admin manager main page and to the public forum (when I hover to the reaction where the title appears).
The strange: if I click again to edit the reaction on admin manager, I can see the new title on the form text field.

But on public board and on the admin manager (main page) it still be the old title.

Any idea?

I'm going to call this a duplicate for a few reasons:

1. There is a very relevant change in 2.1.8 that skips an unnecessary reaction rebuild (unless you change the score).
2. There's also a change to the rebuild queries in 2.1.8 to optimize it.
3. If you are changing the score, 2.2 has added an index that may help with this rebuild.

But on public board and on the admin manager (main page) it still be the old title.
On the subject of the title getting stuck, you may want to check if the reaction phrase has been customised directly in your language.

Searching for phrases with these settings should indicate which reaction titles have been modified (if any)

1599214067913.webp

Phrases listed in red are modified and would prevent your changes when editing the reaction from taking effect:

1599214102245.webp

I'm going to call this a duplicate for a few reasons:

1. There is a very relevant change in 2.1.8 that skips an unnecessary reaction rebuild (unless you change the score).
2. There's also a change to the rebuild queries in 2.1.8 to optimize it.
3. If you are changing the score, 2.2 has added an index that may help with this rebuild.
oh ok! I'm planning to upgrade to v2.2. when the first stable will be released. Thanks :)
On the subject of the title getting stuck, you may want to check if the reaction phrase has been customised directly in your language.

Searching for phrases with these settings should indicate which reaction titles have been modified (if any)

View attachment 234224

Phrases listed in red are modified and would prevent your changes when editing the reaction from taking effect:

View attachment 234225
Yes, for some reason all of them where red! Very strange! I have a separate language cause my forum is in Greek. I changed the phrases to what I wanted, thanks, I achieved what I needed. :)

Top Bottom