Blogs Free [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:
Better Blogs Free - Add Blogs to your XenForo

Add Blogging functionality to your XenForo

This is a XenForo integrated blogging system that is meant to be both a replacement for blogs for people that are migrating from vBulletin, and a fully featured blogging solution for communities that want to offer their members the opportunity of engaging into blogging in an easy way.

This is the Free version of the Better Blogs add-on

This version includes full blogging functionality, including the importers. You can refer to the table for details.

You can use this on your site to start trying out blogs, test-run it with your members, try the importer, and whenever you are ready to get all the features, you can move transparently to the full version.

features_1-png.57272

features_2-png.57273

Last edited:
Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:
Better Blogs Free - Add Blogs to your XenForo

Add Blogging functionality to your XenForo

This is a XenForo integrated blogging system that is meant to be both a replacement for blogs for people that are migrating from vBulletin, and a fully featured blogging solution for communities that want to offer their members the opportunity of engaging into blogging in an easy way.

This is the Free version of the Better Blogs add-on

This version includes full blogging functionality, including the importers. You can refer to the table for details.

You can use this on your site to start trying out blogs, test-run it with your members, try the importer, and whenever you are ready to get all the features, you can move transparently to the full version.

features_1-png.57272

features_2-png.57273

Very nice I'll have a play with this later today. Very generous of you @Rigel Kentaurus :thumbsup:

Thanks. I am reserving some features for the paid one, and hoping that there would be some conversions. I'll see how it turns out :)

Just installed this on the latest version of xenforo (1.2.2) and everything went smoothly, excellent work and I see a ton of options so again nice work Rigel. I've just this moment installed this so I am unsure if this has another purpose other than to just refresh.

Can we have the refresh link removed since it's in the browser and I don't feel it even needs to be on the page and taking space. (screenshot below). I'll also post this suggestion at your site Rigel so your able to keep track of everything but at a glance it's looking sweet.

Screenshot_3.webp

Just installed this on the latest version of xenforo (1.2.2) and everything went smoothly, excellent work and I see a ton of options so again nice work Rigel. I've just this moment installed this so I am unsure if this has another purpose other than to just refresh.

Can we have the refresh link removed since it's in the browser and I don't feel it even needs to be on the page and taking space. (screenshot below). I'll also post this suggestion at your site Rigel so your able to keep track of everything but at a glance it's looking sweet.

View attachment 57286

Only admins see that button. It actually was doing something, it refreshed the sidebar. The information in the sidebar for recent blogs and comments is cached (30 minutes is the default), and that button was forcing it to recalculate it. Some people were getting nervous when the sidebar never updated.

I think I'll end up removing it. That is a leftover for when I had the old widgets a couple versions ago. The new ones use deferred tasks and are much more optimized.

Btw - if you create a blog and it does not show up on the sidebar, you can force to refresh the homepage by appending &skipCache=true at the end. Or it will refresh by itself in the time configured in the AdminCP.

Only admins see that button. It actually was doing something, it refreshed the sidebar. The information in the sidebar for recent blogs and comments is cached (30 minutes is the default), and that button was forcing it to recalculate it. Some people were getting nervous when the sidebar never updated.

I think I'll end up removing it. That is a leftover for when I had the old widgets a couple versions ago. The new ones use deferred tasks and are much more optimized.

Btw - if you create a blog and it does not show up on the sidebar, you can force to refresh the homepage by appending &skipCache=true at the end. Or it will refresh by itself in the time configured in the AdminCP.

Thanks Rigel.

Another thing I noticed and unsure whether this is a bug or As designed but It looks like I have two entries (atleast that is the appearance) but it's actually one blog entry. Any reason why it should be showing 2 entries on the xfa_blog_home page? I did initially just added a image and saved and then edited it and added text so unsure whether this was because of that or it's a As designed.

Screenshot_4.webp

Thanks Rigel.

Another thing I noticed and unsure whether this is a bug or As designed but It looks like I have two entries (atleast that is the appearance) but it's actually one blog entry. Any reason why it should be showing 2 entries on the xfa_blog_home page? I did initially just added a image and saved and then edited it and added text so unsure whether this was because of that or it's a As designed.

View attachment 57288
They have different date, are you sure they aren't two entries?
Definitely not as designed, but maybe you found a bug. When you go to your blog, does it show both entries?

Definitely sure as all i did was click the initial Blog entry edit and just added text after I uploaded the image to that entry. I deleted it now but it did show 2 entries in the sideblock and I am sure, positive i did not create two entries.

I just tried to replicate it and it all went through fine so perhaps this may be a one off adverse instance of that duplicating itself.

Anybody getting the below in their error logs?
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_ControllerPublic_Robots' not found - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:432
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://sayapple.comindex.php?xfa-robots/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Anybody getting the below in their error logs?
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_ControllerPublic_Robots' not found - library/XenForo/FrontController.php:432
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://sayapple.comindex.php?xfa-robots/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
I'll probably have to fix that, it is trying to override the class that does the robots.txt
I'll have it fixed it in the next version, in the meantime you could edit the file XenForo/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Listener.php

And remove this
Code:
if ($class == 'XfAddOns_Sitemap_ControllerPublic_Robots')

{

$extend[] = 'XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_ControllerPublic_Robots';

}

I'll probably have to fix that, it is trying to override the class that does the robots.txt
I'll have it fixed it in the next version, in the meantime you could edit the file XenForo/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Listener.php
Good deal... I'm seriously thinking about getting the full version - but that error had immediately turned me off. I'll have to wait until month after though as I just purchased two new iPhone 64GB's (my "fun money" for next month :whistle: )

Thanks!

Good deal... I'm seriously thinking about getting the full version - but that error had immediately turned me off. I'll have to wait until month after though as I just purchased two new iPhone 64GB's (my "fun money" for next month :whistle: )

Thanks!
Gratz on that :) Hope they were Gold 5s ;)

The error would happen anytime somebody hits your robots.txt file, since the blog overrides that. I was expecting to leave the listener as-is, but I will need to patch it.
I'll have the update tonight for that and other small fixes that I want to do.

Gratz on that :) Hope they were Gold 5s ;)
Only if I was going to put them on eBay. Read where one went for over $10,000. Doubt if that sell goes through tho'. :ROFLMAO:
I got the space gray - they are going to have Spigen Tuff Armor's on 'em so the color was not that important for me.

The error would happen anytime somebody hits your robots.txt file, since the blog overrides that. I was expecting to leave the listener as-is, but I will need to patch it.
I'll have the update tonight for that and other small fixes that I want to do.
I was wondering if it might have had something to do with me having the SiteMap add-on you have installed on the forum. Just removed that segment and on last check no errors - and was getting them every couple of minutes. If I end up with some spare scratch this coming month I'll get the full version then. :)

Would there be a way to import topics into a blog, with each post in this topic being a new entry in that blog?

Top Bottom