Blogs and Social Group Addons for XF2?

Jaxel

At least once a week, I get requests from people to make either a blogs or social group addon. It's generally from the same people over and over, so I don't actually know what would be the interest from others. Since I've finished porting the majority of my addons (including XenCarta, which I said I probably wouldn't port) to XF2, I've got some free time on my hands. So I'm wondering how many people here would be interested in such addons from me.

As far as I know, there are already several addons of these types for XF2... but the people who keep requesting of me, say they don't like them.

So I'm wondering how many people here would be interested in such addons from me.
I am hunting for a groups addon with a well designed UI/UX.

The currently available groups addon are not very friendly from UI/UX pov. If you ever decide to pursue Groups addon i can create a mock up in sketch and take others' input too to design an awesome product.

As far as I know, there are already several addons of these types for XF2

I don't think there are any Blog add-ons for XF2 out yet. They might be still in the pipeline (like ThemeHouse's).

I'm waiting for a XF2 blog ad-don from @ThemeHouse but it looks like they are not making a XF2 version of xenblog.

They're not? Are you sure?

Does someone know which XF2 blog add-ons are coming out soon? (I'm looking for one but can't find one or an ETA for one)

How much would people be willing to pay for addons such as these? A social groups addon would end up being a HUGE project.

How much would people be willing to pay for addons such as these? A social groups addon would end up being a HUGE project.
Already have an awesome blogs add-on, so wouldn't be interested if it was combined with social groups as a single add-on.
If it was Clubs and Social Groups though, very interested. This functionality is a huge hole, IMHO, in XF at the moment.
Feature set for release would need to be understood before estimating value.

So, I don't own XenPorta and I always was curious - what exactly does XenPorta not have people expect from a blog? Imho, a blog is nothing else than a forum, just with another layout and that's what XenPorta seems to be.

So, I don't own XenPorta and I always was curious - what exactly does XenPorta not have people expect from a blog? Imho, a blog is nothing else than a forum, just with another layout and that's what XenPorta seems to be.
a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.

When I was helping with the disaster that became [XI] Blog, we focused more on the actual definition. Users were going to be allowed multiple blogs, and blogs could be shared. This was going to tie into the [XI] Portal which also never really made it off the ground, but articles would be pulled or promoted from blogs.

The real difference between a blog and a forum/thread is that threads are primarily focused on discussion, while blogs are primarily focused on the original content, with a lesser focus on comments. A blog is more than just the article though.

I probably still have all the documentation, mockups and project plans for the XI Blog and XI Portal somewhere, though they were all based on pre-XF1.5, so a lot of it dealt with a custom tagging system and other features that were later added in the core of XenForo.

I would love a Blogs addon, especially XenBlogo / XenBloga / XenJourno.. :giggle:

Difficult to put a price on what I would pay as my project really hasn't taken off, primarily due to lack of time to invest in developing it. I would say somewhere in the region of $40-$60 depending on the functionality that is offered / integrated.

Top Bottom