XF 2.0 Blocking template syntax error when installing a newer add-on on older XF

oksiak

Hi :)
a few days ago by mistake I tried to install @Brad Padgett [BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser add-on, I'm using Xenforo 2.0 and the add-on I was mistakenly trying to install is for xenforo 2.1.

the add-on is not installed and an error has occurred Line 179: Unknown tag fa encountered.

@Brad Padgett contacted me in private messages and sent me some versions for xenforo 2.0 but unfortunately the add-ons he sent me do not work either.

Today when I wanted to install / update s9e Media Sites addon the same error has occurred :(
So I decided to check and tried to install other add-ons designed for xenforo 2.0 and unfortunately I can't install or even update any add-on because every time the same error occurs - Line 179: Unknown tag fa encountered.

Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem😭

Thank You :)

After some testing, it seems as though the trouble you're running into here is actually something we fixed in XF 2.0.10:
If you can upgrade to 2.0.10, then that's what we'd recommend in the first instance.

If you are unable to do that then you will need to do a few things manually.

First of all follow the steps you did above to clear the AddOnData job.

Then run this query:
SQL:
DELETE FROM xf_template_modification
WHERE addon_id = 'BP/LSSC'

If an entry for the add-on BP/LSSC appears in the xf_addon table then this should be removed as well.

Hopefully that will sort it out.
Thank You @Chris D :) problem fixed :) Thank You.

Glad to hear it. We would seriously recommend upgrading though.

You're already running a very old version of XF and there has been lots of significant fixes since then. Plus there's some great improvements in XF 2.1.

Top Bottom