Lack of interest blocked people should not be able to follow you

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Adam Howard

The title says it all. It should be standard or at least an option, so that when you block someone, they cannot simply add you to follow after you have blocked them.

Would very much help reduce the level of interaction (e-stalking)

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The concept of ignoring in XenForo is implemented in such a way that the person being ignored is not aware.

If ignored members were prevented from following someone who was ignoring them, then that would no longer be the case.

The concept of ignoring in XenForo is implemented in such a way that the person being ignored is not aware.

If ignored members were prevented from following someone who was ignoring them, then that would no longer be the case.
For some people that would be acceptable. It should be an option.

As it stands now, when you ignore someone you can't see their replies, but they can surely still see you and troll you in secret. So it's being abused as designed right now (including here on XenForo)

That concept is the same in every single forum software I have used that involves an ignore feature (that I remember at least). It hides their posts from you, but not the other way around. I'm not sure how that can be abused.

I don't.. but I also don't over-estimate the interest other people have in me to think they'd be that bothered by some random person trying to troll me :D
Either you have more faith in humanity than I (good for you) or you have not see the worst in people (lucky you).

Either way, I still would like this feature and so I'm adding it as requested feature. :)
But ideally, it should be an option.

Nope, I have very little faith in humanity.. and have definitely seen the horrible side of people.. I'm just saying that people just aren't that interested when it doesn't involve them directly.
Clearly, I've seen worse. I have seen people make whole dedicated sites surrounding 1 individual... Simply for the lulz and nothing more.

You'd be surprised on what can hold someone's interest.

Clearly, I've seen worst. I have seen people make whole dedicated sites surrounding 1 individual... Simply for the lulz and nothing more.

You'd be surprised on what can hold someone's interest.
You're kinda missing the point I was making. One person's making a site about someone - elsethat directly involves them. A whole site - like here for example - where you're ignoring someone who is trolling you. . .isn't going to be of much interest to the rest of the community. I have one person on XenForo on ignore . . . I don't care if they can see anything I write, I can't see what they are writing so if they post something about me... good for them. Unless it's pointed out to me I'm not going to know about it. If, however, the setting was that by putting them on ignore they automatically put me on ignore too... even though I have no interest in the drivel the post, I still wouldn't be impressed by their right to choose whether to ignore me or not got taken from them because I ignored them. I don't know if anyone has me on ignore - and I'm fine with that... if every time someone put me on ignore I then couldn't see their posts, that'd just be irritating.

You're kinda missing the point I was making. One person's making a site about someone - elsethat directly involves them. A whole site - like here for example - where you're ignoring someone who is trolling you. . .isn't going to be of much interest to the rest of the community. I have one person on XenForo on ignore . . . I don't care if they can see anything I write, I can't see what they are writing so if they post something about me... good for them. Unless it's pointed out to me I'm not going to know about it. If, however, the setting was that by putting them on ignore they automatically put me on ignore too... even though I have no interest in the drivel the post, I still wouldn't be impressed by their right to choose whether to ignore me or not got taken from them because I ignored them. I don't know if anyone has me on ignore - and I'm fine with that... if every time someone put me on ignore I then couldn't see their posts, that'd just be irritating.
We'll agree to disagree...

The site in question actually did hold other people's interest and grew from 1 person to a few hundred (thankfully, I was not the person it was targeting). So never underestimate the stupidity in humanity and the thirst for drama.

But back more on topic.... IF you're attempting to conduct business on X site and you have someone e-stalking you, it does make things harder to do business on that site (XenForo.com for example).

Last edited:
Top Bottom