1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blaster Game 1.0.0

Turns your entire Xenforo page into a game.

1. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

|Jordan| submitted a new resource:

Blaster Game - Adds a game in its own sidebar where you pilot a rocket with your keyboard to blast page elements.

Read more about this resource...
    yavuz likes this.
  2. Steverd

Steverd Member

Hey that was FUN!!!, I love Asteroids.
    But add some type of enemy shooting back at the ship.
  3. karll

karll Well-Known Member

What happens when you've blasted away all the elements? Is that even possible? (I seem to have a couple that won't go away!) Cool little game though!
  4. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

The entire page turns white. Press F5 or manually refresh the page to get elements back.
  5. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

OMG this is so amusing! Perfect for our own April's fool which is in december! Thank you.
  6. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Hmm, doesn't seem to be working for me. Tried it on two different computers, in Firefox and IE, and the "Click here to Play" link isn't clickable
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Works in Chrome.
    I thought it didn't work ... but the ship appeared way over to the left and I didn't see it right away.

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

When you click blaster ... the click "Click Here to play".

Ideally Click here to play would be a button that had some hover over effects.

I think the Ship should appear close to the area where I started the game ... not way over to the left.
  9. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

I cant add hover effects to it because it breaks the rocket from appearing. Underline was the most i could do.

I'll look into changing the "spawn area" of the rocket.
  10. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Must be my browser security settings or something. I see a big white down-pointing arrow over on the left side of the screen (guess that's a static ship) that appears after I click the play link, I'm guessing that's where I should be seeing the actual game. I'll play around with my settings later.
  11. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

The game is your browser window. After the rocket appears, use your arrow or WASD keys to move the rocket around your page and spacebar to shoot.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    imno007 likes this.
  12. imno007

imno007 Active Member

lol, thanks. Guess I read something wrong the first time around, because I was actually expecting to see something coming at me that I was suppose to shoot. :rolleyes:
  13. oVR

oVR Active Member

i installed this on my site but it didnt work, it worked in the demo i tried but not when it was on my site :(
  14. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

It needs javascript to work. Does your browser allow javascript? Noscript can block it.

If you can link me to your site, i can check it to see what's happening (just link the index.php is fine).
  15. elvamo

elvamo Member

FIX to XenForo v1.2.3
  16. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

Works fine on v1.2.3
  17. Tarynjh

Tarynjh Member

I installed this on my site running on xenForo 1.2.4 and it doesn't seem to be working. I checked to see if javascript was enabled on my browser (Chrome) and it is. However when I try to click to play, nothing happens. I'm having the same issue as someone mentioned above.

Also, is there a way to change it from the bottom left (where it's at now) to the right (where it's at on your test site)?
  18. Kerby

Kerby Active Member

Same for me on xf 1.4.2 with default style and Chrome. @|Jordan| can you please update it? :)