1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Friday sale

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by chulapi, Nov 8, 2013.

1. chulapi

chulapi Member

Is there going to be a XenForo black friday sale?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Historically, no. I can't personally see them changing, but any sales will be announced before hand.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why would there be?
    Amaury likes this.
  4. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Don't you think xenForo is well worth $140? I personally think the price should be increased for its quality.
    0xym0r0n, oman, Amaury and 1 other person like this.
  5. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

I would agree with Shyuan but Shhhhhhh, it fits my budget. ;) I see no reason to put it on sale though!!!!
    Shyuan likes this.
  6. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I also want to ask if XenForo plans a sale during the next Eid al-Fitr. In fact I demand it.
    Thank you.
    psx likes this.
  7. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

Obviously you aren't in business to make money.
  8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Black Friday? Did someone die?

*waits for a response telling me of the great discounts the Americans get*
    The Forum Heroes likes this.
  9. akia

akia Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask that? I take its the equivalent of boxing day sales here in the UK.
  10. Shelley

Yeah, Now that you mentioned it.

It reminds me of that sad event (involving customers in the black friday rush) where some shop assistant inside the shop was getting ready to open the doors, upon opening them a horde of impatient customers stampede over him and he unfortunately died. I guess what I'm saying (since when I think of "Black Friday") I think of the sad event that happened a few years back is that I don't think Xenforo should hold a sale, just in case. I'd also go one step further (because of the high quality of xenforo) The potential for people stampeding to get their copy not to hold a sale. Leave the stampeding I say to the experts such as buffalo, cows and other animals which have done it for millions of years without harming anyone.
    akia and yavuz like this.
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Black Friday has gotten ridiculous in the US. Retail is the one world I'd never work in because of it. But in the case of XenForo, it makes sense for Cyber Monday to be the sale date (does not imply plans).
  12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Cyber Monday is more of a global event as apposed to Black Friday, which is mostly only known in America. So I agree with @Jeremy if such a sale were to take place, it would make more sense for it to be on that day in regards to any holiday or annual savings.

(Not that it would do me any good. I'm always broke on both days. lol)

But XenForo is more than affordable at $140.
    Shyuan likes this.
  13. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Running of the Bulls....? lol
    Shelley likes this.
  14. akia

akia Well-Known Member

See I'd have thought with them being a UK company if they would have gone with Cyber Boxing Day if any day. :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_day#Cyber_Boxing_Day
  15. Shelley

Brad L, Renada, Adam Howard and 3 others like this.
  16. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Historically, forum software companies don't participate in Black Friday events.
  17. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

19. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

20. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I read software only..not forum software :whistle: