1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Bitcoin Plus

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Rho Delta, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Having an addon like this would be an interesting new way to monetize your forum. Yes bitcoin prices fluctuate like crazy, but it would be an interesting project nonetheless.
    erich37 likes this.
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Looks pretty straight forward? Just add the javascript per the instructions. Am I missing something?
  3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Looks like a great way to get rid of all your users
    psx and Tyrone Chicken like this.
  4. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

I think in the advanced version you can like create a widget that your users can turn on and off. Basically them donating their CPU usage to your site.
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Even so it seems like such a waste, not just CPU mining, but Java and a 20% fee on top...

I just don't see the point really. Automatic, it's literally worse than background music. Manual, whatever pittance you get will be like 1% of the electricity cost for your users
  6. samo

samo Active Member

I have to agree, your better off making your own group via a pool or starting your own pool. Perhaps an addon where you can create or integrate a current pool's interface that could work.

Also if your looking to introduce something like this for your forum members you may want to consider accepting bitcoins as well, via xfrocks addon which utilises bitpay paygate and converts bitcoins to your currency so no need to worry about volatility which is why Wordpress Woocomerce and others use bitpay, which charges a much lower % than pp. Gl:)
    Rho Delta likes this.
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I don't care for paying them 15-19% though
    Alfa1 likes this.