Duplicate Birthday Trophy - Award it every year or remove it - it's useless awarding it only once

CTXMedia

Just a suggestion to either award the birthday trophy every year on the anniversary of a member's birth, or remove it altogether from the trophy system and instead make it an alert/email (which might be better as it could be personalised).

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The birthday trophy isn't a default one. Trophies are only awarded once and that's unlikely to change in its current incarnation (there are broader suggestions related to that).

It's actually pointless creating a birthday trophy more than anything. It's an awkward criteria but of course the criteria is shared across multiple types. Birthday criteria is better for notices.

As for some sort of birthday notification, that's a duplicate:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/send-an-alert-and-or-an-email-on-a-members-birthday.3170/

Thanks Chris - I'll remove the birthday trophy then to limit member's expectations of getting another one next year ... :ROFLMAO:

I've liked Brogan's suggestion and as it's pretty high up the list, hopefully it'll be incorporated at some future point. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

@CyclingTribe I got around this issue as I am using @Chris D's Xen Notices add-on. This allows notices to be reset after a specified period (so that anyone who has seen and dismissed a notice would see it again after it's been reset). This means that each birthday they see a Happy Birthday notice (and another is also shown to other members so they can wish said person a happy birthday). Not a cheap solution (nor a trophy either) just for birthdays but I got the add-on to allow me and other mods to create notices from the front end.

I guess for yearly repeat a notice is fine, and to give a reward for a birthday is optional - I see the "today is users birthday" in the list of trophy options when you can create one. Yeah, I guess it would be nice if we could give a trophy for every 10,000 posts, rather than make 100 trophies for every 10k posts. Or a repeat checkbox for things like birthday, and some of the other default trophy options.

Top Bottom