Birthday Thread

Birthday Thread 1.9

No permission to download
Found a strange behavior.
I translated the birthdaythread_message into my language.

But still show up the english version.

If i search now the phrases for this english sentence i ended up with no result.

Where does it come from?

I am sure there is a good reason not to set this to zero anything but what if we want to post Birthday greetings regardless of zero posts?

similar error. changed birthdaythread_message and birthdaythread_subject but doesnt show. can you help please

Try to set the other option for languages.
If you choose now 1 for language id try with 2.

This helps me.

Hello,

I would like to have this addon, but would prefer to send an email or create a profile post.
Can this be extended to do this?

Thanks

Great AndyB, Thanks.

Is it going to support PC and/or Profile post and/or Email in future updates? (We mostly contact our users via PC)

Possibly, but I used a vB birthday greeter for about 5 years that grouped birthdays together and in my experience it worked very well. People mostly wish the whole group happy birthday
If the option comes in, I 'm going to use it. Just like that time with vBulltin :)

Just wondering how others have the crib setup?

I understand xenforo cron runs at utc, but my forum is set to AEST.

Currently my cron runs every morning at 6am but the birthdays it posts are from the day before.

Any ideas how to configire the cron properly?

I can't figured it out also.
I am running at MEZ. So cron is set to midnight. But the thread is opened at 2 am.

If i go back 2 hours, set the cron to 10 pm, the thread is opened at the wrong date.

Just wondering how others have the crib setup?
I understand xenforo cron runs at utc, but my forum is set to AEST.
I'm AEST too, and have mine set to run at 15:00 hrs.
This appears to then make the threads around 8am - 10am, and picks-up those with birthdays on the correct day.

Anyone else getting duplicate threads created from this add-on?
Not each time, but often enough.

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 12.30.42.webp

The duplicate (now deleted) thread was created at 9:45am.

My cron entry is 'Any day of the week', 'Run at Hours: 15' and Run at Minutes: 0'

ACP for Guests Timezone, and the User configured to create the Birthday thread, is UTC + 10. So I would expect to see the con run, and birthday threads created, at 01:00am local time.

I had a problem with a different birthday addon doing this. The fix was to adjust the time when run. Not sure what I set it to probably GMT or maybe it was an hour after our time zone. Who knows.

Top Bottom