Billing systems

Danny

Are there any billing systems out there that integrate with Xenforo? Like aMember, WHMCS etc.

If no does anyone know of any that are planning it? Or maybe there are plans for something native by XenForo?

This seems like more of an add-on request no? Something that integrates with WHMCS or other billing systems...hmm...there are many types of integration. Do you mean a visual integration where WHMCS is built into XenForo? Or do you mean sharing users between the two systems so that there is one central login?

By integration I mean user sharing and SSO (single sign on) capabilities. I don't really care much for visual integration since everything is skinnable anyway so that can be adjusted to match.

I'm not expecting Xenforo to do anything here (though it would be nice), just wondering if anyone knows of any systems that integrate and/or if Xenforo may be working on a in-house solution (think IP.Nexus + IP.Board) in the future.

You could look at PhpHostBot 2.0 by idevspot...

Very effective script and very cheap , I am sure Arron the coder could make a bridge so it could be used...

They also make some other very good scripts...

Regards..

Is WishList Member compatible with Xenforo, guys?

There isn't a bridge that goes from Wordpress to Xenforo. There is one that goes from Xenforo and logs people into Wordpress, which is the other way around but won't work with Wishlist Member. I've been waiting for a Wishlist bridge as well but the developers here don't seem interested in it nor see the potential.

There isn't a bridge that goes from Wordpress to Xenforo. There is one that goes from Xenforo and logs people into Wordpress, which is the other way around but won't work with Wishlist Member. I've been waiting for a Wishlist bridge as well but the developers here don't seem interested in it nor see the potential.

Bummer. I have an unlimited WishList Member license.

But I guess I need to invest in aMember now, so I can turn my forum into a private subscription forum.
Is aMember the recommended approach, or are there others?

Thanks...

Amember is probably the best option at this point, which stinks because it's a bit antiquated and not as feature robust as Wishlist Member. The other option is to create a simple payment signup button on a Xenforo page and control access to the forums manually. You could use a clickbank or paypal or authorize.net "buy now" button. But then you'd have to manually go in and turn on or off people's subscriptions. You could do this until a proper bridge is built. Also, Xenforo has built in capabilities for paypal but it's only an "upgrade" option your members chose AFTER they register for the site. A developer on here is working on a mod that will change the order and make people checkout via paypal before they can register for the site but there is no timeline on that yet. Maybe the wishlist people would be interested in a bridge? The forum solutions out there for Wordpress are all crap so I am hoping that Xenforo will work with it someday.

Dude, you're the best!! This is crazy helpful.

My question is this: If I use a Paypal/Authorize/CB "subscribe now" or "buy now" button....
How do I protect registration from people who just side-step the sales page?

After all the registration link is all over the forum interface... freely available.

p.s.

Where can I find the resources on the Xenforo / Paypal built-in integration?

Thanks again!

Amember is probably the best option at this point, which stinks because it's a bit antiquated and not as feature robust as Wishlist Member. The other option is to create a simple payment signup button on a Xenforo page and control access to the forums manually. You could use a clickbank or paypal or authorize.net "buy now" button. But then you'd have to manually go in and turn on or off people's subscriptions. You could do this until a proper bridge is built. Also, Xenforo has built in capabilities for paypal but it's only an "upgrade" option your members chose AFTER they register for the site. A developer on here is working on a mod that will change the order and make people checkout via paypal before they can register for the site but there is no timeline on that yet. Maybe the wishlist people would be interested in a bridge? The forum solutions out there for Wordpress are all crap so I am hoping that Xenforo will work with it someday.

My question is this: If I use a Paypal/Authorize/CB "subscribe now" or "buy now" button....

After all the registration link is all over the forum interface... freely available.

p.s.

Thanks again!

You'd have to turn off registrations in the control panel so no one could register, then on the subscription form ask them for a username/password then manually create their account in Xenforo and manually send them an email to let them know. They wouldn't get instant access. You'd have to tell them that all accounts must be approved and access granted within 24 hours. It's ok if your forum is small and you dont have tons of orders a day. But then again people want INSTANT ACCESS and might be upset by this. Or then again, it can make people want it more cause they can't have it right away. The problem is a lot of extra work for YOU. When credit cards bounce, you have to manually switch the customer off. But I will probably do it this way because I want to use a payment system other than paypal (authorize.net buy now button), and I don't want to cobble together amember and have multiple systems that can break etc. One system is better and I am willing to sacrifice and try to make a go of it with Xenforo and maybe get a developer to see the potential of this. People would be willing to pay probably about $50 or so each for this type of integration so it's a good money maker for them if they are smart to realize it.

p.s.

Thanks again!

Never used A Wishlist etc... so apologies if the below is of no use.

An option would be to enable 'User Upgrades' (Paid Subs)

The user can register for the site, but you can restrict the registered group so they can see as little / as much as you want (say maybe just a forum that explains how to complete the sign up process), they then automaticallty get forum access (in the User Upgrade you'd specify what group they go into when they pay) once they do an upgrade (using XenForo's PayPal integtration)

HTH
Dave.

Alex at aMember.com said it will work but you need a plugin. I have used aMember with huge success in the past and they have great lifetime support. Since he has upgraded his forums to xenForo I am sure the plugin is out there.

p.s.

Thanks again!

Just curious what solution you went with and how your site came out?

Top Bottom