Big Forum Services on AWS

Jim Boy

If you have a very large forum, with multiple hardware and a thousand dollar a month spend and want to make the most out of AWS, then speak to me :)

No offense, but if I were someone with a very large forum and thousands of dollars to spend on hosting I wouldn't be speaking to someone with little to no reputation who can't even string together a sentence with correct grammar to promote himself.

No offense, but if I were someone with a very large forum and thousands of dollars to spend on hosting I wouldn't be speaking to someone with little to no reputation who can't even string together a sentence with correct grammar to promote himself.
Fair comment, but considering I designed and implemented the infrastructure solution for the second largest XenForo site and probably the most peaky traffic wise, a solution that knocked thousands off the monthly spend of the previous setup, then I have the runs on the board. I dont expect any takers though.

Mind sharing what were the cost differences like?
I can't give you specifics as that is commercial-in-confidence, but their 4 figure monthly bill was halved. And almost as importantly rather than falling over when a spike hits, which was common, it just moves on. The only recent issue we've had with large numbers of customers causing system degredation was an inherent fault in XenForo itself - and that fault is currently sitting in the future bug fixes list on this forum.

I can't give you specifics as that is commercial-in-confidence, but their 4 figure monthly bill was halved. And almost as importantly rather than falling over when a spike hits, which was common, it just moves on. The only recent issue we've had with large numbers of customers causing system degredation was an inherent fault in XenForo itself - and that fault is currently sitting in the future bug fixes list on this forum.
Mind sharing what that fault is, if you don't mind?

Edit: found it

Last edited:
Top Bottom