1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Forum Services on AWS

Discussion in 'Third-Party Services & Offers' started by Jim Boy, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Jim Boy

Jim Boy Well-Known Member

If you have a very large forum, with multiple hardware and a thousand dollar a month spend and want to make the most out of AWS, then speak to me :)
  2. eberkund

eberkund Active Member

No offense, but if I were someone with a very large forum and thousands of dollars to spend on hosting I wouldn't be speaking to someone with little to no reputation who can't even string together a sentence with correct grammar to promote himself.
    Slavik likes this.
  3. Jim Boy

Fair comment, but considering I designed and implemented the infrastructure solution for the second largest XenForo site and probably the most peaky traffic wise, a solution that knocked thousands off the monthly spend of the previous setup, then I have the runs on the board. I dont expect any takers though.
    thedude likes this.
  4. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

Nice! Bookmarking you if i get on that level. ;)

Mind sharing what were the cost differences like?
  5. Jim Boy

I can't give you specifics as that is commercial-in-confidence, but their 4 figure monthly bill was halved. And almost as importantly rather than falling over when a spike hits, which was common, it just moves on. The only recent issue we've had with large numbers of customers causing system degredation was an inherent fault in XenForo itself - and that fault is currently sitting in the future bug fixes list on this forum.
  6. thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

Mind sharing what that fault is, if you don't mind?

Edit: found it
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014