XF 2.2 Big bug with rebuilding metadata

Nicolas FR

I tried to rebuild the metadata because my site was slow.
Unfortunately, this did not have the desired effect and the database was saturated with information in duplicate, then in triplicate, then in quadruple... There was a terrible sequence which probably caused the shared server to overheat where my site is hosted and other sites on the same server experienced a major outage.
As a result, the hard drives ignited and the datacenter suffered serious damage...
My host now asks me the reasons for this disaster and so I gave them the email address of @Chris D in order to settle all this.

Don't rebuild your metadata while waiting for a fix from XF!!

Solution
Have you tried running the transmogrifier?

Navigate to your forum URL with admin.php?tools/transmogrifier added to the end.

You need to reset the transmogrifier count to 69420 precisely at which point a critical mass event will occur on the server affecting the space time continuum which will transmogrify all time back to a state before which the disaster occurred.

Then these guys will visit:

Forget Will Smith GIF
Have you tried running the transmogrifier?

Navigate to your forum URL with admin.php?tools/transmogrifier added to the end.

You need to reset the transmogrifier count to 69420 precisely at which point a critical mass event will occur on the server affecting the space time continuum which will transmogrify all time back to a state before which the disaster occurred.

Then these guys will visit:

Forget Will Smith GIF

Solution
Don't take it like that.... Come on, let me reveal the surprise: it was a joke !!! April Fools ! 🥳
All good on my forum, full sized images still won't open in lightbox !! 😂

Ha ha ha !! I think I got you all !
I am priceless...

Had me fooled.

I saw the flames from my house, not realising it was actually the nuclear powerplant in full meltdown.

Now I'm nothing but a charred, radioactive heap.

Thanks for nothing @nicodak !

😡

Top Bottom