Lack of interest Better way to view thumbnails at posting bottom?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

otto

Hello,

actual Xenforo displays thumbnails the (out of my sight) ugly way like this:
1635324808199.png

I search a way to display them like this:
1635324633519.png
Fo me the way to see more informations and sharper thumbnails.

I wish a better way to display thumbnails more sharp...

Xenforo crop the images for the thumbnails for a square format. Images with big with and less height eg are croped and zoomed (looks like) - that makes them a little bit ugly, less sharp. Also you cant see, what image it are when you only see a croped zoomed unsharp thumbnail version.

Much better (I think so) will be a thumbnail version who you can see the full Image but shrinked in size NOT croped - so you can better see what will come up when you click on it.

Its a pain to click on a smartphone at a croped shrinked thumbnail to see then a picture/image whats not interesting.

Iam not sure, but I mean Xenforo 1.x view not croped thumbnails - or not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It sounds like he wants the thumbs to display the full image, with black bars at the sides/top and bottom as required.

Yes, Brogan - no croped, zoomed thumbnails.

I wish only shrinked (in size) thumbnails, so we can better see if a click on it make a sense or not.

By the way Xenforo actual display them, often you dont know what you will see after a click on it. With Smartphone and less bandwith its a pain in such a situation.

I Edit my text above for better understanding. Sorry english is not my mother speech. :)

Thanks for the explanation @Brogan :)

By the way Xenforo actual display them, often you dont know what you will see after a click on it.
With Smartphone and less bandwith its a pain in such a situation.

Hmm, I actually don't think your suggestion would improve that, in fact I think it might even make it worse.1635342325537.png
At least to me, the "zoomed" version doesn't provide much more valuable information to me than the cropped version - I wold have to see the full image in both cases to understand what it is showing.

I would imageine that in many forums, the vast majority of image attachments are photos, as such it IMHO would make much more sense to have a smart crop would be a lot better than "resize to X by long edge and fill background to get a quadratic image".

Yes - thanks Andy! Iam not alone... yeah!

I will support your suggestion now. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom