1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add New Permission "View Thumbnails but not Full Size"

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Suggestions' started by 51463, Nov 13, 2014.

1. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

Hello. I have a suggesstion. Here it is:

I think it would be great you added the option to enble "view thumbnails but not the full media" in user permission. I think this might help with user registration or signups.

For example.:

Unregisterd users would be able to view the Media Tab, Thumbnails and Categories. But when they click on a thumbnail for a photo or uploaded video. They would get a message. "You need to be a registered user to view this photo/embed video/album." or "You need to be a vip member to view this photo/embeded video/album"

At the moment you have the option to disable a usergroup to view media but it disables the whole thing. So they are not even aware there is a media section.

I am talking about the thumbnails when someone clicks on the media tab.
    But what would be even more awesome. If even when someone posts the thumbnail version on a thread. The would still be able to see the thumbnails but not the full photo/video when they clicked on it. So pretty much everywhere in the forum. View the thumbnail but not the full photo.

It would be like a big tease for unregistered users.. If they were able to view just the thumbnails. I think it would give a little bit of pressure for unregistered users to sign up. I know forums have done this before. And it always makes me sign up.

This is my suggestion. Thanks

suggestion transfered from xenresources-
    nocte, jeffwidman, Xanin and 7 others like this.
  2. 51463

51463 Well-Known Member

I couldn't wait any longer for xenforo to add it, they take too long so I paid ******* to make this for me and i asked him to release it for everyone else.

Here is it:

It has helped alot in getting new members and i asked him to put a feature so guests can view only 5 free images a day unless they register.

I also got him to make it compatible with his credits add-on.

I am happy with the outcome.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  3. nocte

nocte Member

It would be great if this was in core (y)
    51463 likes this.