Better way to view thumbnails at posting bottom?

otto

Hello,

actual Xenforo displays thumbnails the (out of my sight) ugly way like this:
1635324808199.png

I search a way to display them like this:
1635324633519.png
Fo me the way to see more informations and sharper thumbnails.

I wish a better way to display thumbnails more sharp...

Xenforo crop the images for the thumbnails for a square format. Images with big with and less height eg are croped and zoomed (looks like) - that makes them a little bit ugly, less sharp. Also you cant see, what image it are when you only see a croped zoomed unsharp thumbnail version.

Much better (I think so) will be a thumbnail version who you can see the full Image but shrinked in size NOT croped - so you can better see what will come up when you click on it.

Its a pain to click on a smartphone at a croped shrinked thumbnail to see then a picture/image whats not interesting.

Iam not sure, but I mean Xenforo 1.x view not croped thumbnails - or not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It sounds like he wants the thumbs to display the full image, with black bars at the sides/top and bottom as required.

otto

Yes, Brogan - no croped, zoomed thumbnails.

I wish only shrinked (in size) thumbnails, so we can better see if a click on it make a sense or not.

By the way Xenforo actual display them, often you dont know what you will see after a click on it. With Smartphone and less bandwith its a pain in such a situation.

I Edit my text above for better understanding. Sorry english is not my mother speech. :)

Kirby

Thanks for the explanation @Brogan :)

By the way Xenforo actual display them, often you dont know what you will see after a click on it.
With Smartphone and less bandwith its a pain in such a situation.

Hmm, I actually don't think your suggestion would improve that, in fact I think it might even make it worse.1635342325537.png
At least to me, the "zoomed" version doesn't provide much more valuable information to me than the cropped version - I wold have to see the full image in both cases to understand what it is showing.

I would imageine that in many forums, the vast majority of image attachments are photos, as such it IMHO would make much more sense to have a smart crop would be a lot better than "resize to X by long edge and fill background to get a quadratic image".

otto

Yes - thanks Andy! Iam not alone... yeah!

I will support your suggestion now. :)

Last edited: