• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Better way to mark/identify spam/banned users from Admin view of user?

jeffwidman

Ever so often, I review the User Change Log to manually identify spammers (they add spam links to their profile/signature).

When I click on their username, it takes me to the admin view of their username.

Two annoyances:
1) On the admin view of their username, I can't tell if the user has already been banned or marked as a spammer. They just look like a normal registered user. Would be nice if there was a field that showed 'banned', or a group membership with 'banned' or something.

2) There's no way to trigger the spam cleaner tool from the admin view of a user. I have to go to the dropdown that says 'view public profile' then 'moderator tools' then 'mark as spam'. Feels like there ought to be a place to click 'mark as spam' on a user from within admin, even if all it did was take me to the web front end and trigger the spam cleaner.

Am I missing something in the UI for these two things?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
On the admin view of their username, I can't tell if the user has already been banned or marked as a spammer.
If they are banned, it shows here:
upload_2015-5-11_0-17-22.png

The [Change Log] tab also provides details of actions taken.

There's no way to trigger the spam cleaner tool from the admin view of a user.
The Spam Cleaner can only be run from the front end, so yes, you need to click the dropdown and run it from their profile page.

jeffwidman

Ah, I'd missed that little ban notice. Thanks!

Spam cleaner may only be run from front end, but not hard to add a link on the admin page that says 'run spam cleaner' that then takes you to the front end spam cleaner view. I supposed I can just add it myself in the template now that I think about it, even right from the user change log.