Better Modification area

whitetigergrowl

As the forum software starts to get more and more modification software, people will be starting to have to sort through page after page to figure out what is available. (same with skins.) This will eventually get tedious. Hopefully Xenforo is looking at a way to improve this. :)

This has been suggested before and I think the consensus right now is the developers are working hard to get out of the Beta phase and into a Stable phase. Because of this, things like this which makes prefect sense, is place on the back burner for now.

I am sure we will see a great mod area after they get some breathing room. They have already mentioned that the 'mod site' will be under this same domain and not on a separate site, so I am sure they have put some thought into it, just haven't had time to get it in place.

It's my opinion that Kier, Mike and Ashley has seen this site grow quicker than they would have imagined, a good thing, but one that catches one off guard. :)

Jamie

Yup these things just require time.. Im sure something is in the works or at least a vision.. At one time i thought it would be cool that the Modifications where all right here. But i think eventually there will be a real need for another official xF site that is modded in a way that makes sorting graphics, skins and modifications simple... A second official xF site for mods would be a plus in another way, in it would show how flexible xF forum software is.. Of course making it worthy of xF is what will take the most time.. Lets just not ever put xF in a position that the site is so modded that it cannot be updated to the latest xF builds..

I still think the official xF site should remain stock and either a sub domain or another domain all together should be used as a modification site and pimped to the max to showcase the power of xF would be ideal.. But still this mod site in all its pimped out glory should still be upgradable to the latest version of xF.. it doesnt look good when an official site cant update because it was modded to the point of no return..

I still think the official xF site should remain stock and either a sub domain or another domain all together should be used as a modification site and pimped to the max to showcase the power of xF would be ideal.. But still this mod site in all its pimped out glory should still be upgradable to the latest version of xF.. it doesnt look good when an official site cant update because it was modded to the point of no return..
I sense you're referring to vbORG there :p Completely agree.

As it stands, I'm guessing Mike/Kier would agree that a decent modification 'system' needs to be built. A single forum probably only exists as a temporary solution.

I was in the minority for a separated modification site. that said, maybe once the new modification system is in place this may be one of the products available to purchase pending they decide to sell it of course.

Top Bottom