Lack of interest Better login

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

WCFA

I am new to Xenforo and so are my members that moved with me, one thing they say is misleading is:
If you are logged out, see a signup button nice big orange, but the signin is located small dinky letter top left.

Comments I got were, did the developers assume people would be having fun hunting to log on, or tha all members are under 30 with great eye site ?
And why the signup will do the same thing and take you to a login it does not say it will so if your page is not exactly at the top you will not see login. I have members way into their 70's that never even saw that login way up there. Huge design flaw according to my members. Very least the font should be twice that size at default and maybe a color that can be seen.
I told them I would pass along their thoughts and maybe in the next version it will be fixed.
Sure a user could edit all that, buts thats not the point. It should make sense and it is kinda misleading to the users at least in my case.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You are younger people I am guessing ? I say this as you are not I am assuming sensitive to the reason I put the idea.
This is from an older persons point of view as an idea. Please respect the opinion please.

As in contrast SMF and PHPBB have very clear entrances so is not solely due to age is this thought,
I almost have to wear glasses to see that small print.
My opinion is developers should look at all ages in software designs as all ages use the forum software.
Just trying to be fair to everyone so everyone can enjoy this awesome software.
Appreciate your input I won't comment further and leave it open to whom ever comments
but wanted to clarify why this is important for all people .

Thank You

You are younger people I am guessing ? I say this as you are not I am assuming sensitive to the reason I put the idea.
This is from an older persons point of view as an idea. Please respect the opinion please.

As in contrast SMF and PHPBB have very clear entrances so is not solely due to age is this thought,
I almost have to wear glasses to see that small print.
My opinion is developers should look at all ages in software designs as all ages use the forum software.
Just trying to be fair to everyone so everyone can enjoy this awesome software.
Appreciate your input I won't comment further and leave it open to whom ever comments
but wanted to clarify why this is important for all people .

Thank You

As @Brogan said, you can style it to suit by increasing the font size, etc.

You can edit the phrase of the Signup button to suit your needs. I've done this.

upload_2014-2-27_8-23-40.webp

Arguably it should say this by default as it can be used for both but it's easy enough to do. If you need help on how to do this, post in the support forums (this is a public forum so the solution can't be posted here).

Admin Control Panel -> Styles -> [Your Style] -> Style Properties -> Login Bar -> Handle

You can change the font size, add a background color, change the font itself and do whatever you require to change the look and feel of the log in handle. It's 100% customizable, XenForo has given everyone the freedom to style it as they need :)

I'm on the north side of 50, and some of my members are 10-20 years older than I am. I have yet to receive a complaint about the login button being difficult to find. :)

I got yet another today from a new member. We have several hundred members and many said this. Do not have to add it.
Were you wearing glasses at the time Biker hehe thats cheating. Well maybe its just my members being picky but tell you i have only had XF a week and more complaints then I can count. o_O

Anyway @WCFA you've made your suggestion so now it's a case of waiting to see if it is adopted or not in the future. In the meantime, you can edit both the log in and sign up buttons as shown and if you need any help doing that you can post in the support forums. :)

I'm on the north side of 50, and some of my members are 10-20 years older than I am. I have yet to receive a complaint about the login button being difficult to find. :)
Yep, most of mine are also on the north side of 50. I have not had a complaint about the size or location of the login in button. Really haven't had any complaints about our xF forums.

We did have complaints with the previous brand forum software we were using before we switched.

I have had DOZENS of complaints from my members about not being able to find a LOGIN.

XenForo's login handle is well positioned imo.

The reason that it glorifies signing up is to get new users can be difficult, people logging in will look and learn where to find the login button. Also, another thing you could do is use widget framework (or a style, as I am) and have one of these:
0218155503.png

Top Bottom