Lack of interest Better 'Delete own thread' permissions

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

We have a problem with members rage deleting their threads. I want to stop this but still give members the freedom to delete mistaken threads.
Can I please suggest that permissions be changed to add a time limit on deleting threads? No delete after a certain number of minutes?
Also allow/deny delete when there are n replies? E.g. don't allow deletion if there is 1 reply.
Thanks.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I understand what you are asking but out of interest, are there many threads that are started by mistake and then require deletion? If not then you could (at least for now) remove the delete thread capability and get members to report the mistaken thread to a moderator. Of course they'd still have the delete post capability which is time limited.

That's a short term solution, but ultimately, I would rather have the flexibility to allow members to do what they need and not distract the moderators from doing more important stuff.
The delete post capability doesn't work if it's post #1 and therefore deletes the whole thread, right?

Yeah, I've always found that annoying - that edit and delete timer being the same; it would be very useful if they were separate. ;)