Better Blogs [Deleted]

So basically, if you could include a sidebar for the user added categories. Almost like a tag box even..

I can't access http://xfaddons.com/index.php - I login and I can't view any forums. :\

Also, can a feature be added where blog entries can be moved to threads? I get a few people posting in the blogs section where it should be in a thread.
That's because all forums are private, I only have downloads there. Send me a conversation with your paypal transaction id, and I will add you to the usergroup for updates.

I added your suggestion to the list of ongoing suggestions for the blog

When I use full screen mode, a server error appears for guests and they aren't able to view the blog.

I had to put it back to regular mode. I will get the error code later, got a test I gotta study for first.

When I use full screen mode, a server error appears for guests and they aren't able to view the blog.

I had to put it back to regular mode. I will get the error code later, got a test I gotta study for first.

i have tested your blogs, question:
are the blogs always full width? or can this be set to fixed width?

i have tested your blogs, question:
are the blogs always full width? or can this be set to fixed width?
no my default theme is full width. i have fixed width's available though. click on the style chooser on the bottom left of the site.

Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid Zend_Date object or UNIX Timestamp passed as parameter - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Feed/FeedAbstract.php:206

I keep getting this error in my server logs

Code:
#0 /home/a/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/ViewPublic/Blog/Rss.php(41): Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed_FeedAbstract->setDateModified(-1)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#1 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XfAddOns_Blogs_ViewPublic_Blog_Rss->renderRss()[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#2 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XfAddOns_Blogs_...', 'Rss', Array, '')[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#3 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XfAddOns_Blogs_...', Array, '', NULL)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#4 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#5 /home/a/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#6 {main}[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#6d3f03][SIZE=11px]Request State[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]array(3) {[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["url"] => string(51) "[URL]http://skyrimforums.org/blog/sgt_sky.8099/index.rss[/URL]"[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["_GET"] => array(0) {[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] }[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["_POST"] => array(0) {[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] }[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]}[/SIZE][/COLOR]

This error happened like 100000000 times in the server error log. :\

Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid Zend_Date object or UNIX Timestamp passed as parameter - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Feed/FeedAbstract.php:206

I keep getting this error in my server logs

Code:
#0 /home/a/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/ViewPublic/Blog/Rss.php(41): Zend_Feed_Writer_Feed_FeedAbstract->setDateModified(-1)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#1 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XfAddOns_Blogs_ViewPublic_Blog_Rss->renderRss()[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#2 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XfAddOns_Blogs_...', 'Rss', Array, '')[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#3 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XfAddOns_Blogs_...', Array, '', NULL)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#4 /home/a/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#5 /home/a/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]#6 {main}[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#6d3f03][SIZE=11px]Request State[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]array(3) {[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["url"] => string(51) "[URL]http://skyrimforums.org/blog/sgt_sky.8099/index.rss[/URL]"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["_GET"] => array(0) {[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] }[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] ["_POST"] => array(0) {[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px] }[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]}[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][SIZE=13px]

This error happened like 100000000 times in the server error log. :\
Someone is seriously consuming your RSS feed

Someone is seriously consuming your RSS feed
It looks like this bug happens when an RSS is loaded for a blog that has no entries.
I'll fix it on version 1.0.7
(which means, in two weeks, 1.0.6 is being packaged to distribute this weekend)

In the meantime, since I don't think you want that error in your logs, open the file
/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/ViewPublic/Blog/Rss.php

And change this
Code:
        $feed->setDateModified($lastUpdate);
        $feed->setLastBuildDate($lastUpdate);

For this
Code:
        if ($lastUpdate > 0)
        {
            $feed->setDateModified($lastUpdate);
            $feed->setLastBuildDate($lastUpdate);    
        }

I am no longer getting a server error when using full mode. I didn't do anything special either. Random. I did apply Rigel's rss edit and I had removed an addon or two since then so it may have been something else.

nice addon , but i have a problem:
i am using the xeniqie framework and have moved the moderator bar up.
everything looks nice on normal forum view or portal view.
but when opened the blogsection it looks like this:

modbar.webp

any help?

one more ;)

in community blog listing it shows the bbcode

View attachment 35186
That {slide} thing looks like custom bbcode. I know that it parses the default one, it would look like that special bbcode is not really generic enough to work everywere. I am using the default BBCodeParser

nice addon , but i have a problem:
i am using the xeniqie framework and have moved the moderator bar up.
everything looks nice on normal forum view or portal view.
but when opened the blogsection it looks like this:

View attachment 35185

any help?

Well, if you use the default mode (not the full screen one), then it should work, as I am not doing anything particularly fancy with the container.
This is kind of a gray area. I make sure that the addon works with the default style. For a custom style it falls on to you to make the modifications so it would keep working. I have used the Xenique framework a litltle and it has dozens of new variables and small things ... that could potentially break any other add-on that is not expecting that. Do you have a link in which I could see it?

That {slide} thing looks like custom bbcode. I know that it parses the default one, it would look like that special bbcode is not really generic enough to work everywere. I am using the default BBCodeParser

Well, if you use the default mode (not the full screen one), then it should work, as I am not doing anything particularly fancy with the container.
This is kind of a gray area. I make sure that the addon works with the default style. For a custom style it falls on to you to make the modifications so it would keep working. I have used the Xenique framework a litltle and it has dozens of new variables and small things ... that could potentially break any other add-on that is not expecting that. Do you have a link in which I could see it?

1. Yes its Code from Advanced BBCode Toolbar

2. Sorry, at the moment i am testing on localhost and this affects only Admins or Moderators.

Top Bottom