Better Analytics

Better Analytics 3.1.1

No permission to download
Hi @digitalpoint and thank you so much for this add-on.

I'm having an issue with analytics since I installed the add-on, stats are wrong, it seems duplicated somehow as the numbers are way higher than they should be.. any idea what I have done wrong ?

qoipcwQ.jpg

WXts1P4.jpg

weeG1VX.jpg

jmYeq21.jpg

Cheers,
Mehdi

By removing the Analytics code from here now it's waaaaaay less, like wrong less ... 7 sessions today of 00:00:10 average .. this is a forum, more than 7 users posted today, and they definitely stayed longer than 10s ..

I'm at an impass really :(

Mehdi

No other add-on using analytics no, but may be this can be the cause ?

37Lo5jg.jpg

Mehdi

The "Popular Threads Right Now" sidebar widget can display threads that aren't accessible by some groups... Is this intended?

Can someone please explain what this means:

In order to be able to pull data from your Analytics account via API calls, you need to create a Project under the Google API Console.

Project needs to have the Analytics API enabled under APIs & auth -> APIs.

Under APIs & auth -> Credentials, you need to Create new Client ID that is a Web application with an authorized redirect URI of: https://cafesaxophone.com/admin.php?analytics/auth

I created a project under Google APIs, but I'm stuck at the next step as I don't see APIs & auth -> APIs.

Thanks for the addon @digitalpoint. Was always a fan of your stuff back when I used vBulletin, and glad to have your work now available on XenForo.

Having a little problem with the analytics setup. When I run the analytics testing tool, I notice big X's next to Site Search Setup, Ecommerce Tracking, and Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking. I've confirmed however that all of these are turned on for the analytics view we're using for our forums, and that this view is set as the Google Analytics Profile for the site in the Statistics & Metrics options. I'm not getting any server errors on the XenForo either. Any idea what might be the reason it's giving me those X's still?

Another quick question. How do we find and data within analytics encompassing "User Events To Track -> Content Being Created?" I don't see any such events in the reports. Once I get these 2 items figured out, I'm moving to the "pro" version. :)

I haven't seen an answer for this yet. Is this implemented in the latest version? I just downloaded it from your website and I'm trying it out now, and I have posted several posts and don't see any such event being tracked. Thanks!

FYI, using the free version as of this moment, but we're going to purchase the full version if this seems to fit with our goals.

Any thoughts about this error @digitalpoint ?
Php 7.0.11, nginx 1.11.4, MariaDB 10.1.18, Xenforo 1.5.10a

Getting error when ty to click on link in ACP options Statistics and Metrics.
When addon is disabled, I can load options Statistics and Metrics.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://accounts.google.com:443. Error #0: - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Sunka, 14 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('ssl://accounts....', 443, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/DigitalPointBetterAnalytics/Helper/Reporting.php(100): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/DigitalPointBetterAnalytics/Option/Profile.php(19): DigitalPointBetterAnalytics_Helper_Reporting::checkAccessToken(false)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(345): DigitalPointBetterAnalytics_Option_Profile::renderOption(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(72): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
#6 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(29): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(78): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
#9 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(606): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#11 /home/nginx/domains/pijanitvor.com/public/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/admin.php?options/list/stats"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/list/stats"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Ya, it would be dependent on your server's ability to talk to Google's servers via SSL. Probably a server issue itself (maybe need to update certificates that OpenSSL is using on the server or something).

Just moved to XenForo 1.5.11 and installed Better Analytics, looks like a top notch addon!

I can't seem to get past the fact I'm getting great big X's under Site Search Setup, Ecommerce Tracking Enabled, Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking Enabled, Custom Dimension For User Tracking, Custom Dimension For Forum Tracking, User Tracking Dimension Index Set and Forum Tracking Dimension Index Set

I click on the links, make the changes required but still not getting much joy, I wonder what I'm missing here.

Thanks

The "Popular Threads Right Now" sidebar widget can display threads that aren't accessible by some groups... Is this intended?

I'm having this same issue. Mine is pulling from a staff-only area but yet guests and regular members can see these threads.

Just moved to XenForo 1.5.11 and installed Better Analytics, looks like a top notch addon!

I can't seem to get past the fact I'm getting great big X's under Site Search Setup, Ecommerce Tracking Enabled, Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking Enabled, Custom Dimension For User Tracking, Custom Dimension For Forum Tracking, User Tracking Dimension Index Set and Forum Tracking Dimension Index Set

I click on the links, make the changes required but still not getting much joy, I wonder what I'm missing here.
Do you have multiple properties within your Google Analytics account? I wonder if there is some issue with it checking the right one.

Actually I suspect there might be they point at different UA numbers.

Doesn't look obvious how to change them so they fall under the same UA number.

Top Bottom