Beta2: Avatar under the search-box on main forum-display got grainy

Dietmar

As the thread-title tries to describe, I happened to discover this effect. With beta1 the avatar was sharp and now it got grainy and blurred. :confused: Any help possible?
Btw.: This is the only place, where the avatar-resolution seemingly changed (as far as I could see) - all other avtars still show up crispy. The avatar-size is 96x96 pixels.

The avatar shown there is the 96x96 avatar at 80x80, unless you've changed it back up to 96px. Got a screenshot? It's likely down to browser resizing algorithms, and not much can be done short of using a different size.

Thanks for looking into it! :)

Here are the screenshots, at first the mentioned "grainy" version

Crane96blurred.webp

And here the "crisp" version from the member-card, as it showed up in beta1 under the search-box too.

Crane96.webp

Btw.: I am on Snow Leopard right now and the avatars are looking identical grainy/non-grainy on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera.

I just discovered the cause of the grainy avatar underneath the search-box.

After reverting all templates of the addon XenMoods and disabling it the mentioned avatar is showing up in full beauty again! :)

So I´m just confused and can say sorry for bothering. The issue obviously is resolved.

Chronology:
Installed beta1.
Installed XenMoods 1.0.3.
Upgraded to beta2.
Updated the outdated templates and re-edited it according to the XenMoods-instructions.
Discovered the grainy avatar under the search-box.
Reverted all edited templates and deactivated XenMoods.
The grainy avatar was sharp again.
Reactivated XenMoods and edited the templates again.

Now it´s all fine still!

Since I´m no programmer, I just can assume side-effects with caches or something like that.

Top Bottom